Help with ID of this EGA?

Spearhead

Can someone assist in identification of this EGA? The eagle seems to be taller than most other collar EGA's.

Thanks much,

J.R.

post-103720-0-81120900-1364183930.jpg

post-103720-0-99821500-1364183942.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

You have a private purchase version of the enlisted guilt Dress Blue collar emblem. The clutch back varieties (service and dress) were used from 52 and declared obsolete in 1961.

This emblem was worn on the on the collar, when dress blue trousers (men) were worn or prescribed as the uniform of the day. It was also used for the Women Marine Dress Blues of that era. These clutch-back guilt dress emblems were not used beyond the late 50's as several uniform changes came about in the mid 50's and directed the use of screw-back emblems.

These particular emblems are one of my favorite M37 variants. This is the first clutchback dress I've seen, but I have singles of service clutchback, and both service and dress screwbacks. No pairs, always searching for that match. I feel the screwback versions were early or pre-WWII by the detail, and the clutchbacks, as noted, probably post through Korea