Gun Show walk in

doyler

Corpsmancollector

Great pick ups Ron...A nice surprise for a walk in at a small show!

Would love to see that SNLF helmet ;)

Will

Kurt Barickman

Great pick ups Ron...A nice surprise for a walk in at a small show!

Would love to see that SNLF helmet ;)

Will

Yes, me too! Nice box of German especially the SS eagles. Remember when we would find stuff like that regularly Ron??/

Congrats,

Kurt

ww2relichunter

wow thats amazing theese items are great i love all the buckles and wow this vet was collecting a lot of stuff

Yes, me too! Nice box of German especially the SS eagles. Remember when we would find stuff like that regularly Ron??/

Congrats,

Kurt

Thanks Kurt

I was never able to find it regularly.Its out here but its hard to find.I do recall a local Armored vet who was an MP.He was in the 14th Armored.One of the first of a contingent into a Concentration Camp.He told me he sent home (or tried to)two boxes of souviners a week.I asked him what ever made him think of doing that??He stated"Law of Averages" some boxes would make some wouldnt.I was amazed being 14 years old at the time.Sadly when I met him most all his stuff had been sold to a local scalper that basically stole his Naval officer sword(german).Thats another story :dry:

Nice one Ron !

Love the box it came in ....important to keep it all together ..

Got your pm also on the jacket !..

o

everforward

Very nice, Ron....I love vet bring-back items. I have a lone NSDAP armband that that was sent home folded up in a letter by a soldier in a FA Bn. to his uncle in Waynesboro, PA......I'll to post some pics of it sometime, he even mentions the armband in the letter.

Only you could drag this much out of the woodwork Ron, nice lot and on the 79th they are seen wearing the patch on pocket of shirt also....

• 4 months later...

The cool thing to me would be to display it just as it was found..........a box of souveniers sent home..........cool display and a nice time capsule.

I wouldn't split it up. It tells a neat story and is a good example of GIs and their souvenier hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
USCapturephotos

Very nice, Ron....I love vet bring-back items. I have a lone NSDAP armband that that was sent home folded up in a letter by a soldier in a FA Bn. to his uncle in Waynesboro, PA......I'll to post some pics of it sometime, he even mentions the armband in the letter.

Great find Ron. Not only are the artifacts great but I love seeing the ship home boxes and have a small collection of those as well as letter of GI's describing the souvenirs that they shipped home. My favorite is a letter sent by a 321st Glider FA vet writing home from "Hitler's front yard" at the Berghof and telling his parents that he is preparing to send home "another box of Nazi junk". He gave me a few pieces from that haul over the years.

Paul

Congrats,

Kurt

I started collecting in 1969 Real stuff was all over the place and repros were laughable. Nice score, especially the 2 SS eagles & collar tab.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't you if you already IDied everything but the round plaque on the top right is Italian, the text means "Believe, Obey, Fight", one of the most famous fascists mottoes, G.I.L. Stands for "Gioventù Italiana del Littorio", the youth fascist organization.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=623735

Hope this helps.

Congrats,

Kurt

Started Collecting in 1969. Sold my collection in 1973 to pay for college. Collection had several SS helmets & daggers. Also dress & combat uniforms. Almost all of the combat badges. 95% were purchased directly from the veterans that brought them back. College did not pan out so well. Wish I still had the collection.