487th Bomb Squadron "The Dogface Squadron" A2 bomber jacket value? pics!

DontStartMeTalkin

DontStartMeTalkin

2hre3de.jpg

bxu1z.jpg

34qk85h.jpg

v7ruqf.jpg

wmnjeo.jpg

4jb4ty.jpg

1iodmw.jpg

Hi!,

This A2 bomber jacket belonged to my uncle Casimir "Charlie" Klujsza, a lieutenant/bombardier/navigator in the 340th BG and the 487th Bomb Squadron aka "The Dogface Squadron"

He flew some very important missions in B25 Tuff Stuff and Rum Dum and had actually been shot down at one point over water.

More information can be seen/read here: http://57thbombwing....g2_itemId=37914

The leather is not rotted however the bottom portion of the left sleeve is detached from the torso. The back is in good condition and there is no artwork. Size 42.

My question is, in its current condition, what is this jacket worth? I've seen similar jackets sell anywhere from a couple hundred to upwards of $6,000 and I am very curious as to its value.

Any help you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Great jacket. The bomb tag used as a zip pull is fantastic. I've seen a few other jackets where guys have done the exact same thing.

Value would come down to what would be sold, just the jacket, or the jacket with accompanying items to add provenance. As others have said, keep it and enjoy it.

JD

A wonderful piece of aviation history! I agree with the other guys...keep it in the family for future generations!

• 5 weeks later...
DontStartMeTalkin

thank you for your replies however my family's health is more important and difficult times are forcing me to sell this jacket

I will be listing this item in the FOR SALE thread shortly...stay tuned

History Man

Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope your situation turns for the better soon. On this board though, 50 posts are required to sell.

Philip

• 1 year later...

Is this jacket still available? Charlie Klujsza was my relative and I am amazed that this is/was potentially for sale!

Mike

Seems the original seller or poster stated he was a relative as well.Maybe can contact him through your families?

The topic poster looks like he hasn't been active since April of 2013.

Seems the original seller or poster stated he was a relative as well.Maybe can contact him through your families?

The topic poster looks like he hasn't been active since April of 2013.

Thank you for the response. We do have a somewhat large extended family and I am trying to find out who this was. Had I known this was being sold, I would have purchased it just to keep it in our family.

Very disappointed to find this. Charlie passed away in the '90's and we cannot fathom selling his belongings from the war regardless of the reason. I appreciate everyone else who chimed in to say pretty much the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the response. We do have a somewhat large extended family and I am trying to find out who this was. Had I known this was being sold, I would have purchased it just to keep it in our family.

Very disappointed to find this. Charlie passed away in the '90's and we cannot fathom selling his belongings from the war regardless of the reason. I appreciate everyone else who chimed in to say pretty much the same thing.

The OP mentioned his eBay ID in one of his posts. You could always try to contact him through that if you're looking to keep the jacket in the family. Here's his page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/driiceinc