B2 SHEEPSKIN FLYING CAPS !

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

HEY ALL I PICKED THIS ONE UP OFF THE DREADED EBAY A WHILE AGO , AND I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME TO POST A PIC OF IT !!

ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH IT !!! IT HAS NO LABEL ?? NO SIGN OF A LABEL !! BUT IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS MY LABELLED "SHAW COMPTON" MODEL

THE LABELLED ONE IS ON THE RIGHT

ANY IDEAS ??? LB

post-106122-0-69687900-1363811043.jpg

littlebuddy

Cheers Ian !! you can see why im puzzled about it cant you ??? not a bad buy really !! ill pm you what i paid for it lol !!!

• 1 month later...

When I was buying a good bit of this type of material I bought a number of new, unissued B-2s in the manufacturers box.....no labels on any of the caps!!!!!!!!

littlebuddy

When I was buying a good bit of this type of material I bought a number of new, unissued B-2s in the manufacturers box.....no labels on any of the caps!!!!!!!!

REALLY "WILL M " ??? ANY IDEA ON THE DATES OF THE CAPS ??? I KNOW THEY HAD NO LABELS IN BUT DID THE BOX SAY ANYTHING ?? IF YOU CAN REMEMBER ??

THANKS FOR THE INPUT

LB

REALLY "WILL M " ??? ANY IDEA ON THE DATES OF THE CAPS ??? I KNOW THEY HAD NO LABELS IN BUT DID THE BOX SAY ANYTHING ?? IF YOU CAN REMEMBER ??

THANKS FOR THE INPUT

LB

That was in the late 70s......I believe they were on a '43 contract. Probably among the last made.....it really wasn't very good gear for high altitude work....actually none of the fleece was. Better than nothing I guess.

A b2 in manufacture box would be a special thing in todays market. It is tough enough to find them in any shape. I had a beat up one several years ago without a tag but did not think much about it at the time.

A b2 in manufacture box would be a special thing in todays market. It is tough enough to find them in any shape. I had a beat up one several years ago without a tag but did not think much about it at the time.

Here in the southeast,60s and 70s, I would hit the surplus dealers and buy ALL of their "dead" stock. They were thrilled to move all of those old leather flying helmets and parachutes......after all who would want them??

littlebuddy

Here in the southeast,60s and 70s, I would hit the surplus dealers and buy ALL of their "dead" stock. They were thrilled to move all of those old leather flying helmets and parachutes......after all who would want them??

yeah who would want all that rubbish !!! lol !! :o

• 3 months later...

There were a bunch of unissued caps and basic flying helmets that popped up in Illinois in the late 70s-early 80s. .... They didn't last long when offered for sale...

• 1 year later...
Dumpster Diver

I recently saw one of those NOS B-2 Hats on the bay for sale, looked great.

Sold for a lot...

Said it came out of some kind of storage warehouse that closed down.