Patches and their Boxes: A Reference Thread

Teamski

• 2 weeks later...
firefighter

11th Air Assault. Note again the matching twill backing so common on early 1960's era patches.

Thats cool.I like how it has Air assault Div.I'm guessing the 'AIR ASSAULT' tabs were sent in a separate box?

Thats cool.I like how it has Air assault Div.I'm guessing the 'AIR ASSAULT' tabs were sent in a separate box?

Yes they were, I would imagine it says Air Assault Div 11th is because this was the official title of this unit in 1963, I always knew they started to make these separate without tab 11th " Airborne" sic, patches after the Division was reactivated. As we know these types came in two styles just like all the rest of the Airborne Division patches in those days, those with attached tab. I would like to see how those boxes were marked back there in the 50s-60s, like did they say inexample 11th Air Assault Div w/ Attached Tabs, 82nd Airborne Divsion, 101st Airborne Division, and XVIII Airborne Corps w/ Attached tabs.

Yes they were, I would imagine it says Air Assault Div 11th is because this was the official title of this unit in 1963, I always knew they started to make these separate without tab 11th " Airborne" sic, patches after the Division was reactivated. As we know these types came in two styles just like all the rest of the Airborne Division patches in those days, those with attached tab. I would like to see how those boxes were marked back there in the 50s-60s, like did they say inexample 11th Air Assault Div w/ Attached Tabs, 82nd Airborne Divsion, 101st Airborne Division, and XVIII Airborne Corps w/ Attached tabs.

I would too!

-Ski

firefighter

It would be interesting to see a box of airborne tabs, does anybody have a box? I wonder if it just had, TAB, AIRBORNE, BLACK or TAB, AIRBORNE, 11TH AIR ASSAULT ?

It would be interesting to see a box of airborne tabs, does anybody have a box? I wonder if it just had, TAB, AIRBORNE, BLACK or TAB, AIRBORNE, 11TH AIR ASSAULT ?

I Haven't seen one yet. Could you imagine the value of a box of 200 Yellow/Black WWII era tabs??? :blink:

-Ski

• 2 months later...

As posted in another thread, a vendor is selling stacks of patches. I unceremoniously snagged some more shots of boxed patches. (moderator, is there any way we could pin this thread?)

-Ski

post-3043-0-96958200-1372367153.jpg

post-3043-0-31416500-1372367159.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another 10th Army box of patches dated 1944. Notice the olive drab backing material as oppossed to khaki.

post-51748-0-75090300-1375189758.jpg

post-51748-0-97911400-1375190080.jpg

post-51748-0-65566100-1375190165.jpg