WWII Uniform

ColdWarRules

ColdWarRules

Hello!

This is a two part question, but my main concern is protecting the ribbon bar on the uniform.

Question one: I am looking a buying a uniform for the sole purpose of the medal/ribbon bar. However this bar is plastic covered and it is fading away. How can I keep it from getting worse?

Question two: Is $150.00 a good price for a uniform (ike jacket, undershirt, tie, pants) with a POW medal ribbon a good price or is it to high? Note: The reason I want this uniform is because of the POW ribbon nad I hope it's named and I can do research. Your thoughts?

strawberry 9

Question 2

Do you have a photo? Condition of the uniform is a factor. Also, Is there an SSI present, if so what division? I'd find out if its named first as well.

RustyCanteen

I would really second the suggestion to find out if it's named or not. If it isn't, it may not be what you're looking for; in which case you might want to save your money for something better.

Just something to think about.

History Man

Adding to what strawberry9 said, I would suggest to find if it is named or not because $150 is mighty steep for an unnamed uniform w/ POW ribbon.

Philip

ColdWarRules

Question 2

Do you have a photo? Condition of the uniform is a factor. Also, Is there an SSI present, if so what division? I'd find out if its named first as well.

It seems everthing is perfectly fine, the jacket, pants, etc. It just seems like the bar is...fading away like it's been in the sun light for to long. I'm trying to upload some pictures, but they're to big to upload. I'll try to fix it.

It's the 361st Infantry Division and the patch seems to be a rainbow and another patch is a red and white sheild with a sword and wreath.

ColdWarRules

I just sent an email to the owner. It seems like he isn't a collector, just someone who found it. I hope to get it, I have an interest for POW items but I think it's a deal breaker if it's not named.