Does anyone who uses Picasa know how to resize the images to post on the forum? It is allowing me to post some but when it comes to helmets it is telling me they are too large. Any help would be appreciated.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I have not been able to figure that out either. I use Picasa a lot for photo editing, but use other programs for resizing.

David
U.S. Air Force 1979-1986 ... Served in the Air Force Communications Command
Collecting U.S. Military Uniform Buttons and U.S. Air Force Communications Patches.

US Military Uniform Buttons Interesting Facts

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/173001-us-military-uniform-buttons-interesting-facts/

Wanted: USAF Communications patches (link below)

https://docs.google....ZjgyZDc5NzFiOGE

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

The only way I know how, is click on file, Export picture to folder. The menu that pops up gives you the option to scale the picture, I set them to 480 which i think works for posting on the forum. I also export them to the desktop and just delete them once I've posted them. You may also want to lower the image quality too. (I've never done that myself) That should get the quality down for the forum.

Collecting the Yankee Division, 101st & 102nd Artillery specifically!

Coming to you from the birthplace of the Army National Guard, Salem, Massachusetts

donation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I right click on the image which allows you to open the image using microsoft, and a few other programs. I open it using microsoft, then click on edit photo and compress photo to a web page. You then have to save the compressed photo-I retitle it to a name that has comp or somthing similar in it to id it as a compressed image. I have set up another folder in Picasa where I have saved all my compressed photos under the title "forum photos" that way I can always find the ones to post here on the forum. Hope that helps-Kevin

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

Get smaller helmets :lol:

Why didn't I say that?

I use the "paint" program on my computer. Import the image and then use the "attributes" button to resize. Practice will make perfect so just go try it out. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the help, I was able to figure out how to do it with the transfer part.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif