Pacific Theatre

Delta-Fox

Wonderful pictures. Do you know the name of the battleship?

I received all those pictures long time ago from a person whos like a second father to me. Saddly i dont no the name of the Battleship :(

What an outstanding group of pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them!

Your welcome, it would be very sad if only i would look at those beautiful historical priceless pictures. My duty is to share it with all of you.

God Bless those who served and still serve.

Very nice! I love PTO photos. #50 looks like the pier at Tarawa.

Mike

Wow Mike,

thanks a lot for that awesome information, do we talk about Operation Galvanic from 20 to November 23, 1943???

Andrew

Looks a lot like a refit of a New Mexico class battleship.

Would have to take a closer look later. Single stack, four triple turrets; I'd guess New Mexico class also.

Awesome pictures.Is that a 16" shell in #49? Those guys look so young.

Yep it is an unexploded one. This guys are very young.

Great original photos - very interesting. You may want to take a look at this website: http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/us_navy_pages/uss_new_mexico_bb40_s1c_eab_collection_page_01.htm. They seem to be photos of the U.S.S. New Mexico. I don't have specific info on your photos, but I've seen examples from Air Force and Army vets of the photo prints made from the same negatives in the hands of multiple vets. Not everyone had their own camera so duplicates were often shared among buddies.

Great original photos - very interesting. You may want to take a look at this website: http://www.maritimeq...ion_page_01.htm. They seem to be photos of the U.S.S. New Mexico. I don't have specific info on your photos, but I've seen examples from Air Force and Army vets of the photo prints made from the same negatives in the hands of multiple vets. Not everyone had their own camera so duplicates were often shared among buddies.

Ooooh my God, thank you sooooo much for that information. I have almost every photo which is on the maritimequest.com. The nice part about my pictures is that every picture has this info on the backside:

B4JFWNpn0jo.jpg

Again thank you very much, Greetings from Germany

Andrew