First Aid Kit, Air force Battle Dressing, Universal

hirsca

Recent estate sale pick-up. From its size, I would guess that it was for an aircraft crew. Can't find anything about it. Approx. 20" wide. Three separate compartments. No military nomenclature that I can find, only the maker's info. Zippers are plastic. Klikit (Star) Pull snaps. Is this USGI? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-06524700-1363384787.jpg

post-12790-0-30364200-1363384802.jpg

post-12790-0-42525500-1363384814.jpg

I believe they were used from the early 1950s to the early 1960s in the larger bombers like the B58 and B52. Maybe some of the transport aircraft also. Had the usual dressings and bandaids, wooden splints, and a number of assorted medications in cardboard mailing tubes.

Thanks for the replies. Any idea as to why there is no military nomenclature? I would think that something like this would have the typical stock and contract numbers along with the manufacturer's info. Thanks again, Al.

A collector friend of mine came over this morning to look at my recent acquisitions. We were looking closely at the bag and at once, we both said: "Replacement plastic zippers." The obvious clue was the different color of the zipper stitching than for the stitching on the remainder of the bag. The zipper pulls are marked YKK and the slides are marked VIS LON. So, This older bag may have gone through a refit at some time in its life. My friend told me that he has a YKK marked zipper on one of his field jackets.

Can anyone please tell me when these plastice zippers were introduced? Thanks, Al.