One of the most historic Vietnam pieces I have ever owned

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

I have been working on trying to buy this piece for a few years now, and finally yesterday it was brought to the shop and sold to me.

This is a fully documented North Vietnamese blanket that was issued to American POW's at the Hoa Lo prison, or as most know it, the "Hanoi Hilton".

This one is well used and like I said fully documented from the prison. It will now sit along side the rest of my collection of American POW items in Vietnam....Needless to say I was stoked to finally own this.

hh1.jpg

hh2.jpg

Wow Bob, incredible find, I wouldn't even know where to look for something like this,

It couldn't go into a better collection.

Well done!

LF

vintageproductions

spill please! how the heck did it get here?

It was brought back from one of the first Americans that was going over to Vietnam in the late 1980's hunting original items. He made numerous trips to the Hanoi area and finally struck a deal with the curator of the Prison museum, to trade for US items they wanted for their displays.

It comes with letters from the curator, numerous photos of the deal, from start to finish. He ended up with three or four of them, and two are now in National museums.

It was brought back from one of the first Americans that was going over to Vietnam in the late 1980's hunting original items. He made numerous trips to the Hanoi area and finally struck a deal with the curator of the Prison museum, to trade for US items they wanted for their displays.

It comes with letters from the curator, numerous photos of the deal, from start to finish. He ended up with three or four of them, and two are now in National museums.

Very Cool Bob.Stuff like this doesnt survive.I have seen more Civil War blankets than N.Vietnamese ones

River Patrol

Very Kool! (the patch reproduction guys will be busy faking this, but it'll be slightly smaller and the color will be different)