Army driver, a cutie!

empireguns

Does everyone realize that things posted under Latest Finds only stay on the Forum for 30 days, and then they are deleted?

I've moved this to Women's Services.

At one point, I think she's pretty darn cute, but then I start thinking that she could be my Grandmother!!!

That was a thought I had.

If you were 18 in 1940, you would be 91 in the year 2013!

I am trying to sift through a huge pile of photos that are like 40-50 photo albums all dumped together. I believe she was a driver as i go through I might find some more on her. Antique shops are the worst when they make bins up.

On this one here it appears she is wearing the post 1946 Reg quadruple Discs, ( Collar&Lapels) if this is so what I,m seeing is what looks to be Medical Corps, it looks like it on the right hand disc, a Caduesus?

post-34986-0-23860400-1363488395.jpg

I really should just by the bin of photographs at the antique shop. sifting through i found another looks like she found a marine! the patch is clear on her shoulder looks to be a driver.

post-5589-0-68595100-1399992648.jpg

post-5589-0-81655400-1399992652.jpg

firefighter

Man, and I thought she was small.Looks like there is something on her left lower sleeve?That's a different 'Ike' style jacket.

Cobrahistorian

Looks like a custom tailored Ike with a PofE SSI, GCM/ATO/WAC ribbon bar. The lower left sleeve looks like another custom tailored piece kinda like Marine Vandegrift jackets.

Jon

Here's a thought... I am wondering if the woman in the first photo is the same as the one's in the later photos? Sister? Cousin?