ww2 usaaf panel instrument set

usaaf93

Hello

does anyone have nice close up pictures of the instrument on the B17, p47, B24, B26 ?

Do you also have information about where I can find panels without the instrument ?

Or if someone in this forum has made them already does he have the measurement to make them ?

Thanks for your answer

thanks. I ve already checked this website but It's not close up enough for me to figure out what the instrument look like

I do not know the name offhand, but I know there are at least one or two books about WW2 aircraft cockpits. Big, large, coffee-table sized books with lots of pictures. Do some Google searching and you may be able to come up with the name of the book/s and then purchase them off Amazon or eBay. They may help.

MW

• 3 months later...
Trooper B.A.R

If your looking for close-up pics. Let me know, I built one. Let me know what instruments you need close-ups off. Beware, a lot of E-Bay stuff is listed as being from a B-17, and are not.

• 1 month later...

I would recommend the Smithsonian's "In the Cockpit vol. 1 & 2." Good well lighted photographs of period correct aircraft. No measurements, but it's a start! Good luck!

- Tim