Infantry Vet Bringbacks

History Man

History Man

Purchased this from the vets grandson earlier today and am very happy with the group. Sadly most of the info was lost with time regarding unit and other info. Let me know what you think.

Included in the lot is a 2nd? Model Luftwaffe dagger with hangar, K98 bayonet set w/ mixed numbers, 1 luftwaffe belt buckle + 1 Heer belt buckle, WW1 EK2, WW2 EK2 w/ stamped ring, 1 CCC marked and 1 Flak Badge.

Philip

post-25965-0-82868400-1363229098.jpg

Nice lot.

I agree with you on the badges.they look like 1970s-ish copies.Pins are incorrect and they appear to be cast badges.Not die struck.Iron Cross's look good.The centers shpuld be magnetic as well.The 44 on the ring is the makers code.

Over all I think its a nice lot and you can part the dagger out fairly easy

History Man

Thanks Ron, I figured they were copies and they were "throw ins." The iron cross is magnetic and 3 piece.

The buckles are marked: S.H.u.Co for the Luftwaffe and B & N 37 for the Heer.

Philip

very nice collection their but wow that luft dagger is pretty beat up

Looks like it was used as a cordless hammer.

When I was stationed at Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS), one of my fellow instructors had a 2nd model Luft that his dad kept in his tool box in the trunk of his car...never was able to get that out of his hands though....

Mark sends

Both those badges are definite repops...the Germans never transitioned to clutchbacks during the war

That dagger is beat, but heck, I probably wouldn't pass if the price was right, either