WW2 .45 Pouch Lot

History Man

History Man

Picked this set of 3 up on Sunday morning. They are in good shape, with 2 marked E & E Co; 1 is marked 1942 and ther appears to be 1944. The one from 1942s button is stamped Rau Fastner Co.

Philip

post-25965-0-31823000-1363134751.jpg

post-25965-0-07866700-1363134761.jpg

Yes, they are absolutely .45 magazine pouches... And by the way, they are marked B.B.,Inc., which is - as far as I know - an unidentified maker...

Fausto

Hi!

Yes, we have some WWII unidentified .45 magazine pouches makers... In WWI production, I think that only F.S.F. is still unidentified.

As for the mid-Wars we have only the .45 pouches made by U.S.M.C. Philadelphia Depot and some (very rare) marked RUSCO, not issued on the loose but just fitted on the rare mounted cartridges belts made by Russell.

The known markings on WWII .45 pouches are, as far as I know:

Avery (Avery Mfg. Co. New York)

B.B., Inc. (unknown)

Boyle (Boyle Leather Goods Co. Inc., New York)

Boyt (Boyt Harness Co.. Des Moines, Iowa)several 1944 and 1945 USMC contracts for the .45 Pistol-M1 Carbine double use pouches

Ero Mfg. Co. (location unknown)

Hoff (The Hoff Mfg. Co., location unknown)

R.M.Co. (Russell Manufacturing Company, Middleton, Connecticut)

S. F. Co. (Sam Froehlich Co., New York)

V.B.Co. (unknown)

If you can help on identifying the above unknown makers or locations, I would be very grateful...

Thanks! Fausto

• 3 years later...
Charlie Flick

Hello Fausto:

You mentioned above in this old thread that Ero Mfg. Co. was at an unknown location. I believe that the Ero Mfg. Co. in question was located in Chicago, Illinois. It was in the automobile component manufacturing business, and specialized in car seat covers. As such it would have had the heavy duty sewing machinery and textile experience to manufacture web pistol magazine pouches in WW2. It later got into the sporting goods business and made life vests and similar boating accessories.

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

A couple of pics off the web of the Ero Mfg. Co. pouch for the magazines for the M1911A1 pistol.

M1923 Ero Mfg Co magazine pouch front.JPG

M1923 Ero Mfg Co of Chicago magazine pouch back.JPG

Charlie