1913-1942 Navy MOH questions

mmerc20

I am doing some deeper research for a friend on a 1913-1942 Navy Medal of Honor and having never examined one before I am a bit clueless when it comes to them. The Call Of Duty book does not go into much detail about this specific medal and the variations through the years.

This example has a more modern pin back with a locking-type latch and if authentic, I would assume it is a later example. They want to use it for a future display but don't want to put it out if its not real. It is not named to anyone so dating it that way is not possible.

If original I assume it is a later issue, probably just prior to the changeover to the current design. Does anyone have more information on this MOH design? I'm surprised at how little information there is out there about it.

I am pretty sure it is not a copy by the look and feel and they have had it in their collections for quite some time.

Mike

post-3373-0-86883600-1363127030.jpg

As far as I can tell from the photos this is a nice example of a medal produced earlyww2 or pre war . The anchor looks like it has less patina though but that doesnt worry me. I see nothing that makes me nervous about it but you have it in hand and only you can tell if it has that "old medal feel".

Regards David

• 2 weeks later...