Jungle Jacket Massacre

Andrei

Hi all !

Our favorite eBay seller 1969gtojudge keeps on destroying Vietnam jungle jackets. evilgrin.gif

This time nothing less than Type1 models !

Check this out and dont forget to look at his other items :

http://cgi.ebay.com/1st-Variation-exposed-...emZ190206090608

Andrei

ANDRE: This one? w00t.gif

post-837-1205439875.jpg

post-837-1205439891.jpg

post-837-1205439902.jpg

post-837-1205439914.jpg

pwmiraldi67

Hey andrei

funny you should mention that guy, yea I bought a exposed button from him 2 years ago and yea alot of it was glued on, so I sent it back, not to mention that guy still owes me money for some DCU shirts I sold him, not surprising they appeared a month later with more patches on them!!

crying shame.

paul

yeah I saw them thumbdown.gif but if people didn't buy them, he wouldn't "make" anymore, and as long as people buy he'll continue to manufacture fantasy uniforms.

I got a good lot from him about 6 months ago (there wasn't a jungle jacket in the lot think.gif ) and when it arrived it was missing a pin on para wing (which had been replaced with another badge) and a photo was taken. I sent him an email asking if he "may have accidentally left the wings and photo on the table when he was packing the box" and the reply was that nothing had been left out.

This guy is bad juju.

Here is my favorite, from the same seller's current lot. I added this to the thread on Fake Vietnam Uniforms.

Does anybody see a problem with this one? If you don't see it, send me a PM.

Bad_uniform_small.JPG

New Romantic
Here is my favorite, from the same seller's current lot. I added this to the thread on Fake Vietnam Uniforms.

Does anybody see a problem with this one? If you don't see it, send me a PM.

LOL! w00t.gif Too funny...

vintageproductions

His Philippine Scouts advisors uniform is a PI camo from the late 80's to early 90's. Wasn't aware they were still sending advisors to Vietnam then, guess I missed that days history lesson.

I don't know anything about the shoulder patch, but the SP4 collar rank is pointed the wrong way and with what appears to be SgtFC chevrons ???

nguoi tien su

Surprise, surprise...

Is "sudden death" a synonym of "heart attack"???

The poor guy who is going ruin himself will need ER when he opens his parcel....

No thread at all on this patch... glued... as usual...

hochiminhtrail

well im watching his auctions and for my taste he comes up with a lot of patched shirt every week or so, he pull out to many shirts and this is allready suspicious to me.

Alex

CNY Militaria

I don't see why people keep buying from him when he has 54 negatives on his ebay account, most for similar reasons...

I don't see why people keep buying from him when he has 54 negatives on his ebay account, most for similar reasons...

Thats the main concern....

I don't know anything about the shoulder patch, but the SP4 collar rank is pointed the wrong way and with what appears to be SgtFC chevrons ???

He either got demoted or was very, very lazy! When I first became aware of this seller he was selling really nice WWII unit histories and insignia, typically with one sentence descriptions and crappy photos. Almost overnight he started listing Vietnam era stuff. The one below is interesting - a 1st Cav jacket with a 7th Armored pocket patch? When I was in the Cav in '68-'69 I don't remember seeing any armored vehicles. We were airmobile, we didn't even have any trucks to speak of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exposed-Button-Jungle-...1QQcmdZViewItem

He either got demoted or was very, very lazy! When I first became aware of this seller he was selling really nice WWII unit histories and insignia, typically with one sentence descriptions and crappy photos. Almost overnight he started listing Vietnam era stuff. The one below is interesting - a 1st Cav jacket with a 7th Armored pocket patch? When I was in the Cav in '68-'69 I don't remember seeing any armored vehicles. We were airmobile, we didn't even have any trucks to speak of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exposed-Button-Jungle-...1QQcmdZViewItem

GUNBUNNY: Not only does that seller have 54 negatives, he has a lot of neutrals that are just a step away from being a negative and they are unhappy campers as well. Seller calls them all deadbeats and liars and seems to display a limited vocabulary? One neutral said he paid US$7.00 and the seller paid two dollars and some odd cents to mail and another paid for air mail priority delivery and got 3rd class. If someone used glue while in south Vietnam, the humidity would cause the glue to soften up and the patches to fall off in the jungle, you would think so? The happy customers probably are neophytes who don't know what was actually issued and worn? crying.gif

post-837-1205512499.jpg

post-837-1205512527.jpg

post-837-1205512536.jpg

post-837-1205512545.jpg

post-837-1205512556.jpg

Awhile back I sold this guy a 173rd medic's jungle jacket. Several months later I saw that he was selling the same jacket with an added pocket patch - I believe it was for a 503rd Infantry mortar outfit. I wish I had copied a picture of his listing and mine but I know it was the same jacket because it had the same nametape. I almost e-mailed the buyer but decided not to.

You nailed it! Apparently this was from that super secret "double rank" program where a Sp/4 could act as a SFC for the duration of the war!

Sounds good, doesn't it? I'll be curious to see if anybody bids on it.

It is very likely that the vendor has gotten hold of some vintage iron on insignia. These were from the time period and were actually used. These show up on eBay every now and then. The theory was why put embroidered patches on what was basically throw away work clothing. I've had actual uniforms with similar insignia. The problem is that often they did not fully transfer, and they tended to fade.

Our vendor here could have pulled this off if he had enough collecting experience to know there should only be one set of rank insignia on the uniform, not two different ranks!

Guest TFEL54

Speaking of neutrals on ebay, I was one of them. Last year I purchased a 1st Cav O.D. jungle jacket (from de Glue) with a 7th Cav Garry Owen pocket patch (gwb123 did an excellent critique of it). Even though I was in the 1st Cav and had seen real uniforms in my day, I was new to collecting uniforms (over 30 years later). When I opened the package I saw that the pocket patch was glued on!!!! There were other things fishy about it that were not visible in the lousy ebay photos. And of course his one line vague descriptions are of no real use. That is how technically he gets away with it. If you claim he sold you a fake his reply could be, I never said they were original.

He in return gave me a neutral, stating, "wouldn't sell to again, complains about nothing." It is really a case of I wouldn't buy from him again!!!

I noticed the spec. 4 insignia and SFC insignia right away. Amazing how this guy got so many downrange jackets with pocket patches attached on them. I feel for the people who by them at such high prices only to be really disappointed when they see the jacket in person. This seller is a real du miam or piece of work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mates !

Check this new one : http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Forces-Exposed...emZ190210410876

This jacket was once a nice legit type1 jungle coat with what I think was a 1st Log SSI but our favorite glue maniac turned it into a SF uniform.

I am pretty sure that the SF SSI, parawings and Ranger tab on the combat side are glued !

Note that the magic marker written last fours match the name initial, this jacket was a real Vietnam War item...

post-467-1206885186.jpg

RANGER tab glued over the USARV combat patch !!!

post-467-1206885283.jpg

Perhaps Charlie Da Glue checks at USMF because in his description for this SF jacket it is clearly written that all insignias are machine sewn.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5TH-GRP-Special-Forces...emZ190210008932

He even stresses out that a tab is missing above the SF SSI, a RANGER tab probably :D

By the ghost, everyone could see that is a SPECIAL FORCES tab !

Good Ole Charlie !

post-467-1206885920.jpg

I emailed him back when the original thread's auction was active and he replied the pocket patch was hand sewn on.

As I recall, I think I bought something off him years ago. I'm sure I didn't pay much for it but now I'm curious as to it's authenticity. I'll have to go look it up.

• 2 months later...

Charlie and his glue will never part,

for his glue has made him too much money in the past.

Seriously this guy has got to be my number one hate on eBay and that is saying something as there is a lot of MF's there. thumbdown.gif

I think its time to call the Russian Mafia.