HELP ID A NAVY PATCH

tankerman

I have this patch in my collection and would like some help with ID' ing the unit it represents. I assume that it a USN anti-sub unit. Probably aviation. Embroidered on twill, fine cheesecloth backing, cut edge. Was glued in an album.

Thanks for any assistance.

LOOKING FOR USN VP SQUADRON PATCHES.

post-1715-1205435940.jpg

post-1715-1205435956.jpg

tankerman--

Here's a scan of a squadron patch I bought at our coffee mess while serving in VP-49, circa 1973. Our radio call sign, for obvious reasons, was "Woodpecker"!

Bagman, AX2, USN

Patrol Squadron 49

post-545-1205441681.jpg

This looks like a patch for (VS-Antisubmarine Reconnaissance Scout Squadron) VS-27 but in reverse form.

It is VS-27, Anti-submarine warfare squadron 27, these were the guys who flew S2F's off the CVS's. The pictures of the patch I have seen shows it the with the pelican on the right side. Hope this helps, Mark.

tankerman--

Here's a scan of a squadron patch I bought at our coffee mess while serving in VP-49, circa 1973. Our radio call sign, for obvious reasons, was "Woodpecker"!

Bagman, AX2, USN

Patrol Squadron 49

Thanks for info and scan

It is VS-27, Anti-submarine warfare squadron 27, these were the guys who flew S2F's off the CVS's. The pictures of the patch I have seen shows it the with the pelican on the right side. Hope this helps, Mark.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate all the info.

• 4 weeks later...