Remote Control Unit RM-29-D

Bulldog13

The RM 29 was usually used with the SCR610 radio set, It was used remotely a distance away from the set, as the enemy could home into the radio with a mortar round to follow with direction finding that the Germans sometimes used. RM-29 D seems to be a later model than 43, so more likely 44/ 45.

Looking at the wires coiled up in the back of the bag, it looks like they are missing the plugs, should be the same as on the handset PL-68 and PL-55 to plug into the jacks on a radio set.

Your set and bag are in beautiful condition and the TM for it is nice as well.

Funny, I have an "A" model with a 43 date on the data plate and a "D" model, like yours also dated 43, and yours is a "D" model dated 42. I do not know what the differences are between them and I am pretty sure that if they did a modification to them (An MWO in Army talk) they would not have bothered changing the data plates, just stamped or stencilled the MWO number on them.

Interesting.

I also do not understand that?!

A model would have to be early than D model?!

September and October, 1944 stands on the manual, hence I was not sure whether 42 or 44

Properly, only in the Reciver the plug is in it, the others are absent everything.

Constabulary

You have the same thing with SCR-625 Mine Detecting Sets, they also have different letter suffix but no technical difference is mentioned in the manual. I assume that the letter suffix marks different manufacturer who delivered the unit to the depot - or something that.