"CAAE" wings, what are these?

willysmb44

Are these even military? I won two in a lot I bid on (for something else in the lot, not for these). They look military to a degree. A google search turned up zilch.

Any ideas?post-2617-0-14202200-1362637393.jpg

uniformcollector

Looks to be altered usaf wings, but they might be made for the Conventional Arms, Ammunition & Explosives (just a guess).

They have no markings on the back, more like a large tie tac than anything else (they have two of the good quality tie tack backings to each side, in chrome). They're molded as shown, nothing was added toa conventional set of wings.

The internet has nothing on this anywhere. These are really baffling me as I have two of them now...

I even Googled the name with a period after each letter. It's gotta be an acronym of some type but I can't find anything that comes even close...

The logo in the center is reminiscent of a 1976-vintage Bicentennial symbol.

Yeah, to a degree, I see it:

tumblr_lmwqxlApfc1qz4vjro1_r1_400.jpg

Lee,Take a look at the California Association of Airport Executives.It appears they have been absorbed into another orginization.Would fit with the wing motif.Just a WAG

Bob

Take a look at the California Association of Airport Executives.It appears they have been absorbed into another orginization.Would fit with the wing motif.Just a WAG
I e-mailed the photo to their point of contact. I was told it wasn't theirs.

These wouldn't have been made all that long ago, you'd think finding outwhat they are wouldn't be so tough...

mabye they are just a normal pilots wing for a civilian not military related at all ??
Yeah, it's always possible, but I got them in a grouping of stuff that was all military, so I was hoping these might be some kind of veteran thing a wing collector here might have seen at some point...