opinions on this 82nd / SF recondo nam era shirt

TNFISTER

Repro? Anybody ever seen this type 82 raider/recondo patch? The jacket also has what looks to be twill US 82nd patch on the left and merrowed SF patch on the right..what do you think?

a tough call. I have seen recondo patches very similar to this. Years ago I was told that during the VN war the recondo patches as well as the "O" Co Ranger scrolls for the 82nd's LRRPs were made at the Parker cleaners shop on Bragg Blvd. While still in business, they haven't made insignia in ages. I can also tell you that years ago there was a collector, an ex Rigger making subdued "VN" patches for collectors. He made them on twill and they looked just like that 82nd patch on your jacket. He wasn't trying to fool anyone, just get examples out there. Thinnk I still have one.

Done some research about the eBay seller 1969gtojudge doesn't look good. Apparently known for glueing and or sewing period insignia to uniforms. That recondo patch sure doesn't look sewn.

I second that. Still, I like to tune into his auctions every now and then to see what he has come up with next.

Unfortunately, I think some of his uniforms start out historically correct if not entirely exciting.

Some of our French collectors got fed up with his habit of gluing new patches to uniforms that they thought they could save by removing the added items. They refer to him as "Charles de Glue".

Bonjour,

I confirm: it seems to be a new "Charlie la colle" aka Charly the glue' new production...

Cheers

Valery

Hi!

I have an original Recondo Patch of 82nd Airb. in Vietnam, it's full color and original. It comes with a lot of ribbons medals, insignias, patches, etc. All comes from the same person. He was a ranger in Vietnam and an advisor in Dominican Republic.

I will put photos.

The problem with 1969gtojudge is that for all of the glued put-together added to uniforms he lists on e-Bay, he occasionally has some really nice original stuff in good condition if you browse through his auctions. The funny thing is that he seems to know what is legit and collectible as-is and never seems to mess with those items. They also usually have starting bids 2 to 3 times the opening bids of the junk he is peddling. So he knows the difference.

River Patrol

The problem with 1969gtojudge is that for all of the glued put-together added to uniforms he lists on e-Bay, he occasionally has some really nice original stuff in good condition if you browse through his auctions. The funny thing is that he seems to know what is legit and collectible as-is and never seems to mess with those items. They also usually have starting bids 2 to 3 times the opening bids of the junk he is peddling. So he knows the difference.

Agreed. I got one of the rarest PBR patches from him on a "buy it now" last year but it was priced at a fair value but 10 times more than his mocked up stuff.....he knows the difference.

Hello!!

This is the patch I have.

It comes from a group of a Ranger Sergeant who served a lot of years in Vietnam (purple heart) and Dominican Republic as advisor.

He also was Pathfinder and a great paratrooper (Master Parachute insignia?)

34r92x4.jpg[/img]

34r92x4.jpg