WWII USAAF B3 Flight Jacket need help to authenticate

deafooser

vintageproductions

Boy i dont know looks to me too be almost civilian like more then military jacket espically because of the multipy colors

Really?

There are numerous WWII issue shearling jackets with two tone leather panels....

Johnny Signor

Looks like it could eb the real deal , I have seen many in photos with the multi colored panels etc ...........................

Johnny

hbtcoveralls

The jacket and pants are original, I have no reservations they're a nice set. The "two tone" look is common and is a known variation. The missing tag is just that, missing, but it was obviously there at one time. Be careful as the original sheepskin is probably quite brittle.

Tom Bowers

The only issue I have with this jacket its missing label. I have several items of well used WW2 USAAF shearling gear. The rayon labels are always nestled snuggly amongst the fleece...there's nothing to snag. (See pics below) For such a label to be missing it would...in my opinion...have to be consciously removed. And, if that was the case, you have to ask yourself "Why?".

post-8022-0-21524500-1362569576.jpg

post-8022-0-22882400-1362569591.jpg

post-8022-0-30891100-1362569602.jpg

This set appears to be 100% correct. IMHO The main reason for missing labels in vintage Flight Gear is the guilt of the GI who kept it. There was concern that "Property Air Force US Army" tag could cause problems with the Feds. These jackets belonged to the USAAF. Many GIs "lost" them at discharge time. My 2-cents! Bobgee

That's a valid point Bob, and one I hadn't considered. That said, with or without a label it was identifiably a B3 and therefore still technically "Air Force Property". But...as I said, whatever the reason, the label would have to have been deliberately removed.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your expertise and knowledge. It is an awesome find and was well preserved, it's a beaute. My Dad fought in WWII, Battle of the Bulge, Normandy, etc. so I appreciate it's origin and the sacrifices. This is a great and it's perfect for a newbie like myself.

In my last post I meant to say "This site is great and it's perfect for a newbie like myself." Funny how leaving out one word in a sentence can change the whole concept of the comment.

littlebuddy

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your expertise and knowledge. It is an awesome find and was well preserved, it's a beaute. My Dad fought in WWII, Battle of the Bulge, Normandy, etc. so I appreciate it's origin and the sacrifices. This is a great and it's perfect for a newbie like myself.

have you got the items listed here on Ebay ??????

Yes, unfortuneatly I lost my job and need to pay the bills. I hate to lose them and very sad to see them go, but gotta do it.