WWII USAAF B3 Flight Jacket need help to authenticate

deafooser

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to your sight and thank you for allowing me to become a member.

After browsing this sight I realize there are an infinite number of members who are indeed experts on militariacollectibles.

I'm hoping you will help me ahuthenticate my flight jacket. It has the talon zipper, shows patina and wear. When I got this set the leather was cracked and dry and wias almost brittle. It came back to life after several gentle conditioning treatments and is now pliable.

The tag has been removed but you can see on the back of jacket where the stitching for the tag was.it looks to be the correct location and size but assume knockoffs would replicate that as well

So I'll post the pictures and let experts decide if It's authentic or not. Hey thanks in advance for help, I really appreciate it.

Thank for your help so far in helping authenticate my jacket. I don't know what the problem is on my end, my pictures won't upload, says my files are to big. I use the same size files uploading on other sights. Sorry for the delay, if anyone has a suggestion on uploading let me know. I'm pretty good with this type of thing and never had issues before so I'm stumped.

littlebuddy

Thank for your help so far in helping authenticate my jacket. I don't know what the problem is on my end, my pictures won't upload, says my files are to big. I use the same size files uploading on other sights. Sorry for the delay, if anyone has a suggestion on uploading let me know. I'm pretty good with this type of thing and never had issues before so I'm stumped.

i open my photos up in windows paint and resize them there to about 300 pixels and then "save as "

hope this makes sense im no computer wizard but it works for me lol

Carl

ww2relichunter

Boy i dont know looks to me too be almost civilian like more then military jacket espically because of the multipy colors

The crazing of the acrylate lacquer is typical of old B3s...that's why they called them "crusties". Also, the contrasting colour leather panels is common.

post-111317-0-93497800-1362523133.jpgpost-111317-0-39626200-1362523172.jpg5

Hard pictures to a clear view of. The fleece looks like it is shorter where the label was, not sure if the photos show that or not. The fleece around it has formed it's way over the label spot