Post WWII MKII grenade?

Fixbayonets!

Coconut Harry

I am back, sorry guys, I did not know this grenade was still under discussion. To answer Jim's question - "when looking down inside the body with a flashlight, does it have a large OPEN cavity inside, or is there just a "drilled hole" all the way thru this cast iron body?" The answer is yes, it does have a large open cavity inside, not just a drilled hole.

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome back, I also didn't know it was still being discussed until just yesterday

Thanks for answering the question that Jim asked. I thought it was a hollow body as you've now confirmed, it looked so from your picture in post #10

I think I'll stick with what I said, to me it looks like it could be a real body, but if Jim and Chris want to come back with more questions and\or more info or asking how many nano grams it weighs or have you look in it with a borescope or give it colonoscopy or whatever else is needed, maybe they can add more info, but to me it looks like it couId still be a real grenade body. I say "could" be as it is indeed an odd shaped body, but it might just be that particular maker. It's hard to tell with this one 100% without seeing it in hand

Regards, Steve

• 10 years later...

Hi all, and Fixbayonets and Coconut Harry (I see has not been here in a while)

I resurrected this old post because I just got a grenade just like yours.  It also seems bigger, bulkier.  Note the top part doesn't sit flush with the M10A2 fuze, it is wider.  Anyone figure out these after these years?

53058658788_e6cfa15ce3_b.jpg

53058561040_c66e8da0c0_b.jpg

Fixbayonets!

Thanks for bringing this old thread back to life GOAmules, maybe there is some new information to be had.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to add to this and hopefully we can bring this thread back in action. I have posted this RFX a grenade body in the past trying to locate a fuze for it. Recently I purchased the attached fuze and waiting for its arrival. The fuze is marked M200A1. I’ll send pics after I get the fuze added. 

IMG_6783.jpeg

IMG_6782.jpeg

IMG_6785.jpeg

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_7021.jpeg

IMG_7022.jpeg