$90 for a modern, Asian-made patch?

I was watching this patch with some interest and I forgot to set my snipe as the auction closed yesterday. This patch design was worn by our air det crash and salvage team (not ship's force) on their coveralls. Some of the flight crews had it velcro'd and wore it on their flight suits/jackets.

What gets me is that with a few hours left before bidding ceased, this patch was still priced sub-$10. How it the <bleep> did someone think it was worth bidding up to nearly $100? What the heck?

Now, I am waiting to see these listed with more regularity as the Asian embroiderers have "hot-item."

8521619001_303ed4dae2_b.jpg

8521613327_17cd30943a_b.jpg

Any ideas as to the geographic location of manufacture?

firefighter

Not sure.Maybe two old members wanted it? eBay never makes sense to me.If you look at the bids it was only 2 bidders.Nice looking patch

Crash and salvage on the Vincennes had to be a couple of guys right? Could not be too many of these around I would think.

vintageproductions

also would have had to have been made pre-1992, as most of the embroidery shops in the PI were destryoed by the Mt Pinutubo eruption

Well...C&S was a handful (less than 10) guys. Yeah, there were two bidders and this is definitely baffling. The seller's comments about fakes serving a purpose as fillers is telling. I suspect that this is more current than the 80s/90s. It looks nothing like the PI-made patches I got while on active duty.

But, I defer to the experts.

As always...