1969 Woodland / ERDL Covers

anton67

Yes, the '69's are made with unfinished interiors (bleed through). However those produced from '75-'81 can be found both ways - unfinished and also finished (green). I have a few and would have to check if I have any '79's. Best to post some pics for viewing by others if you have doubts I suppose.

combat-helmets

I definitely see "79" I don't know why I'm so upset , I'm only into it $20 but I got all hyped on this thread and was expecting a clear stamp or at least "69" somewhere.. Pics to come tomorrow.

Any others that Bought the eBay covers ; how did your stamps look??

I too bought one and part of the stamping is hard to see due to being printed on the brown and black colors. The DSA100-69 is luckily printed on a light green area. No fault of the seller, just luck of the draw as to which cover I got.

combat-helmets

I think he tried to slip one in on me because I took a week to pay...

Sent the seller 2 messages , so far no reply. No two ways about it, it says "79"

. I want a new cover or my money back.

Ill see what he says...

i see 79 as well which worries me as ive bought one as well so im now wondering what im going to end up with & being in the UK im still waiting for mine to turn up & it'll be a pain to return the item for a refund if he's done the same with me !!!

thats definitely a post Vietnam dated cover

the 1969 dated ones are all marked DSA 100

yours has the DLA 100 post Vietnam war marking

The first was DA, which stands for Defense Agency. It ran from 1953 to 1961. It was superceeded by the DSA, which stands for Defense Supply Agency. It was used from 1962 to 1977. After that, the DLA, the Defense Logistics Agency took over from 1978 to 1993.

I did purchase a second example (wanted one to tuck away and not use on a helmet) when he relisted these for the third time, and it too is clearly dated 69. I'll post a photo when I get home.

I wonder if it was a mistake and this cover was mixed in with the others he has. He does sell a lot of militaria however the fact that he has not responded to your messages would concern me.

The only other option is to open up an item dispute. I would imagine he will respond to that considering he is not responding to PM's.

combat-helmets

Thanks Guys.. you confirmed my exact suspicions! The power of the Forum!

I mean big deal, it was a $17 cover, but it's worth nothing, and now the hassle of arguing, return, etc..

Thanks Guys.. you confirmed my exact suspicions! The power of the Forum!

I mean big deal, it was a $17 cover, but it's worth nothing, and now the hassle of arguing, return, etc..

Yeah, a 79 dated cover is only worth around $3-$5 if that much, so not a ton of money but still not a 69er.....i was lucky and received a clear stamped 69 dated cover...my camera is on the blink or i would post a photo but mine is exactly like Erics in post #24....mike

combat-helmets

Good to hear Nick. In fairness to the seller, I believe it was an honest mix up on their part.

He said be would look around the warehouse to see if he had any more 69's left.

Still doesn't know or think so. Therefore he refunded my money unasked.

Sucks I didn't get what I wanted but the seller bent over backwards to try to make it right.

I can do nothing but praise that. (And he said to keep the one he sent haha)

I mean I had $21 invested so big deal if the transaction ended up bad, so kudos to the seller.

I left him and he left me positive feedback because in the end it was handed very nicely!

Please let me know if anyone sees these for sale again or who might want to sell me one for $20 or so.

Normally wouldn't loose sleep over this but I thought this thread was very informative with all the pictures, etc so I think one or two of these 69 dated covers deserve a place in the collection !

I think he tried to slip one in on me because I took a week to pay...

Sent the seller 2 messages , so far no reply. No two ways about it, it says "79"

. I want a new cover or my money back.

Ill see what he says...

thats probably why you got the wrong dated cover, since you waited a week to pay , the orders that were paid for got first priority and he sent you what was left without checking more closely

combat-helmets

thats probably why you got the wrong dated cover, since you waited a week to pay , the orders that were paid for got first priority and he sent you what was left without checking more closely

Probably !!! And yes! I can keep the 79 dated cover !! Woo hoo!

Ill hold it for 30 years and see if its worth anything then ! Haha