ID a rank?

Zen Facade

To answer your question, yes, he would have also been issued whites. However, the NON German one you have is an early 1980s. The major differances in the white uniforms between this and WW 2 is that WW2 jumpers were heave coton drill. They had one breast PATCH pocket on the left and the collar (that flap on the back) was only a single thickness. Additionally, the WW 2 era jumpers also had the two pair of eyelets in the hem like the blues. By the way, that is a CT3 (Cryptologic Technician Third Class) jumper there. My son, my sister, her husband, his son and his brother are/wer all CTs

Steve

Zed a very good idea is to post your wants in the For Sale, Wanted & For Trade Forum, just post all your WWII, that's key, you must be specific in asking only for WWII items, your WWII Navy uniforms and insignia wanting to buy items, it will be a start. You can also peruse the For Sale section too, to see if what you need is up for sale, if you perchance see something that catches your eye, don't be shy to or feel funny in asking more about the item you have seen for sale, the guys here that are selling are more than happy to assist. Good Luck post-34986-0-13541000-1362547067.jpg

I agree with Patches. This would be about the only site for you to look for what you need. Sites like E-Pay are NOT for those who do not know what they are looking at. Many sellers do not know what they are selling when it comes to military uniforms, and especially Navy. Most people think the Navy has aleays worn the same thing for centurys, but in fact, it changes about every 10 years. Mostly subtle changes, but change none the less. I don't have a WW 2 MM3/c jumper (or crow for that matter), or I'd hook you up. Just let folks know what you're looking for and it will show up.