Some USS Wisconsin Artifacts from a grouping of mine

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

These items are a sampling of material regarding the USS Wisconsin from a grouping I have attributed to Chaplain Captain Eugene Kapalczynski who was Senior Chaplain aboard the Wisconsin during the Korean War and just after. I love Battleship material as my grandfather was a Battleship sailor in WWI.

Enjoy,

Robert

Pic 1, photo from Korea

post-6492-0-25944200-1362025283.jpg

• 4 months later...
TreasureHunter

That's awesome, Wisconsin used to moor a few piers away from my ship in 1990 along with Iowa, an awesome site to see. I used to stare at those ships and think how cool it would be to go out to sea on them. Well that prompted me to get orders to a destoyer and off I went, USS Peterson DD 969, 1994-1996. Wisconsin was gone before I got orders, but had a friend who came from her. Said the Capt used to come to his shop to smoke. Good stuff.

Bill

Great find !!! My father served aboard the U.S.S. WISCONSIN BB - 64 from 1956 - 1958.

He was always so proud to say he was a Battleship Sailor ! My dad talked about the awesome firepower these ships could dish out.

Beautiful ship !!!

Jack's Son

The decks of the Battle Ships are something to behold. I've only been aboard once, and they are just such a powerful beast to be standing on.

I have a Wisconsin cap that my buddy sent me in 91. He was a reservist that got posted to the Wisconsin because most of the Michigan sailors were getting on some kind of tender or something called the Fox and he hated it! He complained enough that he got the Wisconsin! My wife's uncle served on the Iowa in the mid 60s and really loved it. One of the Iowa turret casualties is from the town where my AMVETS post is, Eaton Rapids MI. His name was Scott Blakey, we were very close to naming our post after him. Scott.

Very cool!

Being a Wisconsin "Cheesehead" myself i always liked her.

I have some USS Wisconsin artifacts from both ships; ww1 / ww2 in a small display up at the shop.

I will try and get some pics of them.