Let's see your mess uniforms!

uniformcollector

Mitter2k1

Here is my one and only, an Air Force officers mess dress. I added a pair of 2nd Lt. shoulder boards and need to get a pair of chains for the front. It is no where as interesting as what you guys have posted here.

Mike

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't have any fancy Generals uniforms, but I do have one set of Dinner Dress Blues that belonged to a Navy Senior Chife that I know :rolleyes: Got these right from the Vet as it were, this is me last year, trying them on for the first time in about 15 years.

post-2104-0-78567900-1399737857.jpg

• 1 year later...

Received this in a trade. It also came with black trousers. No name and still need to find a pair of colonel shoulder boards. I belive this is just post WW2 early 50s.

post-16540-0-39233600-1446072636.jpg

uniformcollector

Very nice! I may be wrong, but I don't think you will want Colonel's boards on that. The gold ones should be more accurate.

Very nice! I may be wrong, but I don't think you will want Colonel's boards on that. The gold ones should be more accurate.

I'll keep an eye out for a pair. The trousers were made in England.

riflegreen297

Here is one I pulled out of the back of the closet. It was tailored in Hong Kong and belonged to some SF guy named C.A. Beckwith. I have the bling that goes with it buried somewhere in my hoard.

post-4227-0-48416300-1446126081.jpg

post-4227-0-70207500-1446126092.jpg

post-4227-0-02068000-1446126109.jpg

Chutesandskulls

Col David L.o.w.n.d.s mess dress. He was a Navy Cross recipient during the Siege of Khe Sanh. He was the commanding officer of the 26th regiment.

post-157707-0-57340300-1446130713.jpg

Surprised I never saw this topic! I've had a TON of mess dress uniforms over the years. I'll post up some that I can find pictures of...

First up is one to Marine General Fulford...

GeneralFulford1.jpg

This one was from a Navy pilot who was killed during the war. I cannot remember his name though... :(

This is the way it came, though the shirt, tie and vest were not his...

MessDress1.jpg

Good pic of a couple different types being worn...this was at a dining out at the Naval Academy; the AF colonel is the dad of one of my in-laws' sponsor midshipmen (he was an astronaut...sorry I don't have a pic of his wings...) :( and the midshipman in mess dress was another sponsor midshipman.

10-29-2015 8-49-24 AM.jpg

Dave,

I have to believe that the redhead on the left of the astronaut was a stunner back in her day! :love: Please pass along my best regards to her.

Allan

• 3 months later...

Lesser known/seen USAF enlisted summer mess dress with the white on white chevrons. Used up until the mid '70s when the ranks were changed to the winter style of silver on black.

post-3394-0-35424600-1456708849.jpeg