1942 Mountain Field stove

vmfa314

Ok guys I am at a loss. I just got on these off ebay and cant find any directions on how it works how to clean it and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know squat about this item.

Mack

Pvt. Winowski

I have a M42 Mountain Stove as well, neat little things that help alot during winter events. Fill it up with gas (lead free). Then you use the pump to create preassure in the tank. Turn the valve a third up until the gas pours out. Light it with a match. Wait for about 1-2 minutes until the big flame get's smaller and turns blue then you crank the valve up.

Sorry for my crappy english. Hope it helps...there are also some videos on youtube, just google it.

Cheers

Ski

I find it's best to cut off the gas while it's generating otherwise the whole thing starts to overflow with burning gas. :(

• Fill tank (Not to the brim) and close firmly.
  • Make sure the main valve is closed.
  • Move the little lever up and down a few times to clean the nozzle, leave it in the up position (otherwise the needle will block the nozzle).
  • Pump a few strokes.
  • Open the valve a quarter turn.
  • Let gas build up and overflow into the cup a bit
  • Set the little lever in the downward position to stop the flow of gas and light the stove.
  • When the fuel in the cup's nearly gone, move the little lever upwards, (move it down again if things start to get out of control).
  • When the stove is burning regularly open de main valve all the way and maybe add a few more strokes of pressure with the pump.

If during operation the pump handle pops up and starts leaking fuel, the little rubber seal in the checkvalve is worn out. There should be a spare in the parts tube or inside the piston of the pomp as I recall.

I like the M1941 stoves a little better, but the Mountain field stove gets the job done.

I like to use Coleman fuel or other Naphtha's with my stoves, safer then car fuel. ;)

Fellas,

Thank you I definitely need new seals as I am not maintaining pressure it wants to go. I have them on order as I am getting gas through the return check valve and losing pressure from the o ring.

Mack

1SG_1st_Cav

You can by a replacement pump assembly from the Sports Department at Wal-Mart complete with rubber seals. I bought one for my Army stove. Pull the old one out, stick in the new, and pump it UP! Danny

Any ideas on how to remove the cleaning needle? I tried to twist it out but no go. Also how do you get the nut off the bottom of the valve assembly so I can take the valve assembly off the fount?

Mack