Various clips

1943 Armor Piercing - 5 round stripper clip

post-5-1166716344.jpg

post-5-1166716360.jpg

1943 Armor Piercing - 8 round clip

post-5-1166716444.jpg

post-5-1166716466.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here are some older WWI rounds and blanks I found in a grouping of 411th Infantry, 103rd ID officer stuff from the 1920's.

The live rounds are headstamped U.S.C.CO. 18, which I believe would have been United States Cartridge Company from 1918.

The blanks are headstamped RA 17 with an R marked primer. Would this be Remington Arms or Rock Island Arsenal ammo or blanks in 1917?

Another question? I remember allot of the headstamp makers, but have forgotten a few. I know the basic ones, like DEN= Denver, TW= Twin Falls, LC= Lake City, WCC= Western Cartridge Company, etc.., but who was DM and SL? Is SL Salt Lake or St. Louis? I've forgotten an awful lot over the years. Anyone have a list of bullet makers?

Gary

A couple more..

An FA 4 or Frankfort Arsenal headstamped "dummy" round. Notice how an actual copper projectile was used in this dummy instead of the standard steel.

A steel cased .45 round with a headstamp of EC 43. That's another one I've forgotten guys. Who was EC?

Gary

Charlie Flick
A steel cased .45 round with a headstamp of EC 43. That's another one I've forgotten guys. Who was EC? Gary

Hi Gary:

EC was Evansville Chrysler in Indiana. They made the steel cased .45 ACP ammo for a period of time in the mid war when there was a major brass shortage. In addition to the ball ammunition they also made steel cased Dummy .45 ammo.

HTH.

Charlie Flick

Hi Gary:

EC was Evansville Chrysler in Indiana. They made the steel cased .45 ACP ammo for a period of time in the mid war when there was a major brass shortage. In addition to the ball ammunition they also made steel cased Dummy .45 ammo.

HTH.

Charlie Flick

Thanks, Charlie!

Gary