Wrinkles in first pattern jungle jackets

ReverendJake

Any suggestions? I know, just don't do it, leave the uniforms as is. I would really like to put together a display, but I can't until I deal with these wrinkles.

1 IRON IT....use a lower heat setting.

2 Wash it then Iron it.You can wash it by hand and line dry.Then do as above.I have done it a lot and no issues

Don't IRON IT OR WASH IT PLEASE! Put it in the dryer at its lowest setting along with a damp wash cloth for about 15 minutes. Then take it out and hang it up. Keep in mind, that the only troops who worried about wrinkles in the combat uniforms were the REMF's. In my unit, we all wore wrinkled fatigues including the Bn CO. We were too busy putting out Timely, Accurate, and Deadly AIRMOBILE Artillery Fire [we fired 1,260,000 rounds of 155mm ammo in Vietnam]. I guarantee you that the grunts we were supporting didn't care if we were naked, as long as we put the Steel On-Target. Danny

Don't IRON IT OR WASH IT PLEASE! Put it in the dryer at its lowest setting along with a damp wash cloth for about 15 minutes. Then take it out and hang it up. Keep in mind, that the only troops who worried about wrinkles in the combat uniforms were the REMF's. In my unit, we all wore wrinkled fatigues including the Bn CO. We were too busy putting out Timely, Accurate, and Deadly AIRMOBILE Artillery Fire [we fired 1,260,000 rounds of 155mm ammo in Vietnam]. I guarantee you that the grunts we were supporting didn't care if we were naked, as long as we put the Steel On-Target. Danny

1.3 million rounds of 155mm...Wow! Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I have about seven sets of slant pocket erdl's and jungle fatigues. I'm not trying to disagree with anyone but if you want a field worn look, then leave in the wrinkles. If you want to get rid of the wrinkles then simply steam iron the thing. I've ironed original vietnam jungle fatigues, even field worn ones without a problem.

Rock

Corpsmancollector

Personally and just for info, I had disastrous results when I put a pair of ripstop green fatigues in the dryer...They shrunk to less than an XS! (and that was on a 'low' setting) Suffice to say, I learnt that lesson the hard way...

I'd leave the creases in by the way ;)

Will

I always leave creases.

Wrinkles on the other hand, wrinkly uniforms don't sell as well in my store....

Gentle steam, dryer, you'll regret that.