Very poor N.Korean flag,vet bringback

marks'militaria

marks'militaria

As you can see, very poor silk, huge NK flag.All sewn, tattered/ripped/very faded.. large 84'' or so long.

Vet stated he got it in early 1950's over in Korea..but who really knows...buy the relic, not the story. Could be captured,,,but I myself doubt if there were ANY carried by any NK sodats!!!

post-7411-0-68295300-1361747529.jpg

post-7411-0-61738100-1361747550.jpg

I used to have a N Korean flag; I stupidly sold it and have been looking for another ever since. The silk material is really hard to maintain, and I have a couple of silk S Vietnamese flags that I rarely touch for that reason. Yours is nice and probably WAS carried by a N Korean soldat...

The quality of DPRK silk flags is such that not many have survived over the years. We have one at our local museum that was mailed home by a GI who was killed a short time later. It is literally falling apart and we had to sandwich it between padding and plexiglass for display.

marks'militaria

This flag is in poor condition, since pic was taked there have been several small rips due to people checking it out. Now is gentle folded and put away.And this flag is for sale...$100.00

marks'militaria

The *ties* are all there on left. One day when the wewather clears I will take a n outdoor pic for full condition show

This flag is in poor condition, since pic was taked there have been several small rips due to people checking it out. Now is gentle folded and put away.And this flag is for sale...$100.00

I'll take it. Please send me your contact info.

easterneagle87

I love these flags! Not many came back, not like WW2. Great scene in the movie, "Gardens of Stone" and the N Korean flag hanging in the CPT's office.

• 3 months later...
marks'militaria

New updated pics ..finally

As you can see, this is worn/torn /tattered/and very sun faded.

post-7411-0-86852100-1372106093.jpg