Framed Displays.

Jim Baker

Here are some close ups.

The picture of Pratte wasnt in a military baseball team.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. My uncle was in XXI Corps HQ MIS and I have some of his intel publications regarding the engagement a Colmar.

Lucky 7th Armored

It was funny seeing my comments from 7 years ago and now I can actually contribute to the thread. A local pick-up which I have posted before but one of my centerpieces. Completed 35 missions unscathed! Archival grade, 99% UV protectant, acid free material. Cost a pretty penny but worth it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was funny seeing my comments from 7 years ago and now I can actually contribute to the thread. A local pick-up which I have posted before but one of my centerpieces. Completed 35 missions unscathed! Archival grade, 99% UV protectant, acid free material. Cost a pretty penny but worth it!

853e658c07720ea16e8e899f85efc482.jpg

95e87efec295556d9853a93a05b529bf.jpg

Wow! The jacket and the displays are incredible!

phantomfixer

My little 142 FIS is humbled by the A-2 display...was only a FIS for a short period..which makes it a rather hard patch to find...

post-155518-0-57376800-1526058893.jpg

CNY Militaria

Here is one I recently put on my wall, to the Commander of both the India China Wing and the European Division of the Air Transport Command in WWII.

DSCN7448.jpg

36thIDAlex

I’ve been going through this topic for the first time and WOW, there are some absolutely fantastic displays.

I’ve only gotten a few items I’ve wanted to frame so I figured I go ahead and share them.

In my display of my great grandfather’s things I used a basic Shadow Box frame to display his Ike, it’s not too rough but moths got to parts of the sleeves and little bites all over so I went ahead and framed it. I thought about putting something in the corners but decided to just make the larger display and leave the shadow box all about the uniform.

I also used some double sided frames to display his Discharge Papers that way you can view the certificate and information side without having to remove it.

My latest is a fairly simplistic frame for a map of his regiment’s movements across Europe. I found it in an original 142 regimental newspaper I got off eBay and decided to take it out to display separately.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
36thIDAlex

Do you have two different jackets? I noticed the different ribbon bar arrangements.

Thanks.

Oh, yeah I found a photo of him after the war and he didn’t appear to get the victory ribbon in time to wear it so I went ahead and took it off to display separately and left the jacket as he wore it last.