Wainwright ribbons

4STARCHRIS

What I want to know is: what the heck is that Brevet Medal-looking ribbon, just behind his MoH?

Must be some obscure state award or something?

What I want to know is: what the heck is that Brevet Medal-looking ribbon, just behind his MoH?

Must be some obscure state award or something?

Michael,

The second ribbon is for the Philippine Medal of Honor. While it isn't in the "proper" order, I doubt anyone would have ever had the cojones to tell Skinny he wasn't wearing those awards in proper order.

Allan

post-387-1169324895.jpg

You are correct. Thsi is what the medal looks like for those who may never have seen it. Does anyone know what the others are?

Thanks for the reply. Glad you stopped by to see it.

4starchris

Oh that's right--I dimly recall that one now...Yeah, it threw me off because all his other foreign awards were down below.

Nice ribbon too!

I'll give it a shot, altho I admit, I'd never have gotten that PI MOH. Very cool shot.

MOH, PI MOH, DSC, DSM w/palm, Mexican Border service (?), WWI victory, WWI Occupation Germany, American Defense, Asiatic Pacific Campaign, WWII Victory, PI Liberation....and the rest? "High Foriegn awards LOL". Not the faintest clue.

Evidently the blue/white/red ribbon second from last is the Philippine Resistance Medal. If I understood foreign award precedence I could probably figure out the rest.

I would imagine the red one is a grade of the Legion of Honor with some sort of device.

I read that the name for the Philippine MoH is actually the Medal of Valor(?)

Mpage,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. Is is called the Philippine Medal of Valor. If memory serves me right only 4 were ever awarded to American Generals/Admirals.

General of the Army Ike

General of the Army MacArthur

Wainwright

Fleet Adm Nimitz

4starchris

His next to last ribbon is a NY CSC...I saw a picture in the Strandberg book showing Wedermeyer (sp?) re-awarding his medals....He had a NY CSC pinned on his shirt

Bill

CNY Militaria

Unless I am mistaken, the last ribbon witht he eagle device on it is for service in the connect national guard. The only reason I know is that I have a uniform with one on it as well.

Justin

His next to last ribbon is a NY CSC...I saw a picture in the Strandberg book showing Wedermeyer (sp?) re-awarding his medals....He had a NY CSC pinned on his shirt

Bill

Bill, Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my ignorance but what is NY (New York) CSC mean? However, Thanks for the help.

4starchris

Unless I am mistaken, the last ribbon witht he eagle device on it is for service in the connect national guard. The only reason I know is that I have a uniform with one on it as well.

Justin

Justin,

Thanks for the reply. I was wandering this as well. However, I have never seen a Wainwright uniform with this on it.

4starchris

CNY Militaria

I just checked my uniform, and it is the same ribbon, definitely for CT. Nat. Guard Service. Also, the NY CSC is the New York Conspicious Gallantry Cross given to NY vets after WWII.

Justin

I just checked my uniform, and it is the same ribbon, definitely for CT. Nat. Guard Service. Also, the NY CSC is the New York Conspicious Gallantry Cross given to NY vets after WWII.

Justin

Justin,

Just FYI...the NY CSC goes back to WWI

Bill

CNY Militaria

Ok, I had only seen them in the hands of WWII vets, so that would explain my reasoning for it. When was it issued until? Or is it still awarded?

Thanks!

Justin

The New York Conspicuous Service Cross is still awarded. The WWI version had the war dates on the obverse; the WWII version had no dates. That undated design continues, but now its a cheesy rhodium plated piece. Many of the WWI and WWII version are traceable, but the data base only has name, medal number and year of issue.

Wainwright received the WWII version (#3002) in 1946.

The New York Conspicuous Service Cross is still awarded. The WWI version had the war dates on the obverse; the WWII version had no dates. That undated design continues, but now its a cheesy rhodium plated piece. Many of the WWI and WWII version are traceable, but the data base only has name, medal number and year of issue.

Wainwright received the WWII version (#3002) in 1946.

Jeff,

As always helpful. Great information that I can use to help me solve the ribbon bar issue. Always greatful to the forum for the help they have given me.

4starchris