B-52 Cockpit Anyone?

gwb123

years ago I saw some Russian hardware for sale. some Migs and even a nuke sub. buy it and fly it home. also an F-18 or maybe it was and F-14 on ebay

years ago I saw some Russian hardware for sale. some Migs and even a nuke sub. buy it and fly it home. also an F-18 or maybe it was and F-14 on ebay

Back when I was somewhat of small time militaria dealer, I got a line on a Mig-21...in somebody's front yard in Tennessee! I couldn't find a buyer for it, but I wasn't pursuing it too hard because I couldn't figure out how to pick it up and ship it.

I believe there was a former Blue Angels F-18 on eBay years ago ... in pieces. It caused an uproar in aviation circles as I recall.

I seem to recall a B-52 cockpit you could climb into at the aerospace museum outside Omaha?

Now if that was a PBY cockpit I'd to sell the family to the Chinese to finance it.

I seem to recall a B-52 cockpit you could climb into at the aerospace museum outside Omaha?

Now if that was a PBY cockpit I'd to sell the family to the Chinese to finance it.

That one is still there. It was actually a training cockpit and you can walk into it at ground level. They have all the other crew stations as well.

From an Old SAC troop I'd like to have it but It would have to be installed on a full motion table so I could play Major Kong. I think its very sad to see our old birds broken up. The world isn't much safer today then at SAC's heyday.

If any aircraft is a symbol of American air power, it's the B-52. That cockpit is amazing! Strategic Air Command.... When you care enough to send the very best!

vostoktrading

Here in Honolulu on Ford Island at the Aviation Museum they have one of those things like Bob & Gil mentioned above.

I don't know if it's a simulator or just the front end cut off from a B-52. Very impressive though.

This was about a year and a half ago. That's me and my daughter at the top of the ladder and the other photo has the front of the B-52 on the far left side of the picture.

Jon.

post-7885-0-29926700-1361558912.jpg

post-7885-0-19827700-1361558923.jpg