Show Yo Swagga - Swagger Sticks, All Eras

An earlier post was made about a swagger stick made from a Label bayonet and carried by Patton. Here is one I have that was made in North Africa and purchased there by Sgt. J.S. The photos are not complete but show the general idea. Thanks.

post-2830-0-72200200-1471228235_thumb.jpg

Here is one showing the soldier with the crop. He was an Army Photographer.

post-2830-0-84744300-1471228261_thumb.jpg

Very col. Looks lke an officer's US cut down to form his nitials "JS"? Can you show a close up of that?

post-2830-0-33652200-1471285321_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is a U.S. lapel pin with the one leg shortened to make a J. The soldiers initials were J.S. Thanks for looking.

• 3 years later...
Salvage Sailor

2nd Infantry Regiment, Fort Shafter, T.H. 1916

011 a wm.jpg

011c.jpg

Salvage Sailor

How about some 1930's Coast Artillery swagger.....

This is a pair of 21" long swagger sticks which belonged to a CAC man with the initials A.K., the search for his full name continues.

One is from the 6th CAC at Fort Winfield Scott, California - The Harbor Defenses of San Francisco. (Fort Funston, Fort Miley, Presidio of San Francisco, Fort Winfield Scott, Fort McDowell, Fort Baker, Fort Barry, Fort Cronkhite)

The second is from the Hawaiian Separate Coast Artillery Brigade, HQ at Fort Shafter, T.H. (Fort Derussy, Fort Kamehameha, Fort Barrette, Fort Ruger, Fort Weaver, Fort Armstrong)

HSCAB Swagger Stick 007.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 001.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 002.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 003.jpg

Salvage Sailor

The 6th is made of California Redwood with a highly lacquered finish and an afixed Regimental decal - motto: "Certo Dirigo Ictu" (I Aim With a Sure Blow) and "6th Coast Artillery"

6th CAC Swagger Stick 001.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 002.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 003.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 004.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 005.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 006.jpg

6th CAC Swagger Stick 007.jpg

Salvage Sailor

The Hawaii Separate Coast Artillery Brigade 21" swagger stick is made of Hawaii Koa wood and had the carved initials "A.K." It also has the H.S.C.A.B. afixed decal beneath a lacquer finish.

HSCAB Swagger Stick 004.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 005.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 006.jpg

HSCAB Swagger Stick 007.jpg

Hawaiian Division Coast Artillery 001.jpg

Here's the only one I've ever owned --except for a really poorly made Iraqi stick---it's not very fancy--just has the EGA on the knob and nothing very fancy on the pointing end but it came from a WW2 & Korean War Marine artilleryman who also deployed to China to dis-arm the Japanese Army after the Okinawa campaign.

Among his items I also have a picture of him from Life magazine taken during the Chosin reservoir "attack in a different direction."

As you can see, it's really hard to get a good clear shot of the ega on the stick.

s/f

Al

post-2235-0-20569700-1587067635_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-59247800-1587067652_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
iron bender

My dad's swagger stick from Korea in 1968-69. He was a 17th Infantry B co. platoon leader then took over as c/o of C company.  His mechanized mortar section actually covered Freedom Bridge when the Pueblo crew was returned. Kind of interesting family history. 

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

iron bender

Here's another I found at a junk store for cheap. I Corps with an interesting name. (really the only reason I bought it)

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
The Rooster

Greetings all. I have a few. But this is my best one. Although the sheath is damaged, I still

think its a great piece. Looks like it was made using an old bayonet.

Its one of the coolest pieces in my collection.

I feel honored and fortunate to be the caretaker of this piece.

Thank you for checking it out.

Major General Frank Milburn commanded the 21st corps in WW2.

And the 1st infantry before Korea.