RVN Era DD Form 603

hueytaxi

I'm searching all of my records for my SKS "War Trophy" form(s). Viewing thr 2007 version of 603-1, I recall mine were not as detailed and did not require an company commander or above to sign. I did have to go to Long Binh, filled out a form and a few minutes later a three part form was typed out and the rifle was wrapped in brown paper with one copy given to me and one copy taped to the wrapping paper. Wondered if anyone had a copy of one they could share to point me to know what I am looking for. Were they tearoffs with the copies onionskin?

Roger

Here are a DD603 and a DD603-1. There were also other dated versions of this form, and some commands even made their own modified forms. There was an onionskin Vietnamese form that came with weapons.

post-56764-0-78696700-1361428301.jpg

That is fantastic, congrads! To many of us that is good for provenance. Since your bringback probably isn't going anywhere any time soon, I'd attach to the copy a narrative of how you got the weapon (notarized is even better) and a photo of yourself in country. Then you can put these into a presentation folder and put it away either with your weapon or where it can be easily found, and let your heirs know where it is. You have a great family heirloom.

The form I found is dated DD Form 603, OCt 51 (EG). The typing is extremely dim and while I can read it, I have not been able to enhance it enough to display. Paper extremely aged and yellow. I have a friend who is great with scans or photography repro so will post if I get it right. My other issue is getting old and I lost my son at 14 so what do i do with this and other items I collect. Daughter and her two are not into history. I recently gave my uncle my g'father's Spanish American War trapdoor to keep it in the surname family history which I do not share. He has sons who have sons.