Old Black Panther Navy Squadron? Patch

Wharfmaster

Found this cut edge on white felt black panther patch (with a few old Navy rates) in an antique shop.

Is this a Navy squadron or perhaps a Panther Jet patch?

Thanks and regards to all.

W

post-525-0-76956700-1361395325.jpg

Looks like a school letterman jacket patch

Thanks very much, It may very well be a team patch. One way or another, it is of quality mfg. If I recall, I paid two bucks for it.

Best regards,

W

Johnny Signor

If it's a "squadron" patch , it's one I've never seen in the 30 years I've been checking them out , "But" that's still not saying it "could be" , there were many many "Unofficial" ons made from WW2 onward .............................................

Johnny

If it's a "squadron" patch , it's one I've never seen in the 30 years I've been checking them out , "But" that's still not saying it "could be" , there were many many "Unofficial" ons made from WW2 onward .............................................

Johnny

Thanks JS.

I was thinking it may have had something to do with the Panther Jet, being found with Navy stuff. I like the quality and detail no matter what it is.

Best regards,

W

It could possibly be related to Attack Squadron 35. These guys were called the black panthers. It could be an obscure variation of one of their patches. I was in this A-6 squadron when they were de-commissioned in the 1990s.

post-10825-0-97952800-1361464032.jpg

It could possibly be related to Attack Squadron 35. These guys were called the black panthers. It could be an obscure variation of one of their patches. I was in this A-6 squadron when they were de-commissioned in the 1990s.

post-10825-0-97952800-1361464032.jpg

Thanks very much, nice patch too!

Best regards,

W

Johnny Signor

yeah , could be"Panther" related , best to check books, the net etc , the more I lok at it ,the more it reminds me of one I've seen somewhere ..........................

yeah , could be"Panther" related , best to check books, the net etc , the more I lok at it ,the more it reminds me of one I've seen somewhere ..........................

Right JS, I will keep looking. However, I have learned that more than one branch and unit have used the black panther.

W

vintageproductions

It also looks like the 1st style US Army 66th division patch, but I am still leaning towards a high school patch

It also looks like the 1st style US Army 66th division patch, but I am still leaning towards a high school patch

Wow, you are right. It looks very much like the running panther on the 66th Division patch. A lot of the details of the two are the same.

I agree, it may be a school patch.

Thanks again,

W