Helmet Liner paint?

Ack-Ack26yd

I'm trying to repaint a foreign copy helmet liner to have the correct color and look of a WWII era liner for reenacting and display purposes. I tried using just a walmart find (Rustolium Deep Forest Green from their Camo line), which a friend suggested, but I'm not happy with it compared to my original examples. So does anybody know if someone makes a good reproduction paint for helmet liners and if so, who's the best in your opinions? I plan to paint a unit symbol on the liner afterwards as well. Thanks for the help!

I've got a bunch of mint WW2 liners...no two are the same shade. Some are a dead-flat OD...others a lighter, slightly textured OD, and the later ones a semi-gloss darker OD. So...what is "right"? Answer....all of the above!

Krylon makes a camo paint line also and the y have a flat OD that is very close.

That is what I use when I do my liners and it works really well

Thanks for the help everyone! I know there were probably lots of variations to colors, I'm just trying to get a decent middle ground color, something that's common, and looks good in my eyes at least. Can someone post a picture of one repainted with the Krylon just so I could see what the end result is? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Ack-Ack26yd

No store in my area carries the Krylon Cammo paint anymore, so I have to order something online. Has anyone used J Murray's liner paint or any other repro liner paints they reccomend? If you have, could you post a picture of your repainted liner? Thanks again everyone!