A 1960s Field Implement.

patches

Another Gem from one of those Army Magazines I have from the 60s, this one from October 1964.

A Pod like thing, I wonder if this was resurrected for more trials by the 9th Inf Div's test bed stuff back in my day :lol:

post-34986-0-52218700-1361333124.jpg

Looks to be based on the Chinese-style wheelbarrow with the wheel in the center. Interesting how there isn't much that is new under the sun, only variations on what was.

Looks like a large Barbeque Grill! Danny

HA HA, good one Danny, I bet if you just published the one photo of the two Green Berets carrying this thing without a caption, one would conclude that they are indeed carrying a B-QUE Grill.

Looks to be based on the Chinese-style wheelbarrow with the wheel in the center. Interesting how there isn't much that is new under the sun, only variations on what was.

Hey maybe they got there inspiration really from the Invasion of the Body Snatchers :lol:

craig_pickrall

I'll bet it is loads of fun to roll it up a steep and rocky hill. It is probably great on a paved road or cement side walk. Maybe even not to bad on a flat dirt trail. The fun starts when the rain comes and the mud gets going.

Having spent time a lot of time around SF guys it probable was being used for a barbaque grille. As Craig mentioned.. a couple of times up and down hills and that piece ended up in the back of a CONEX somewhere or at a pig roast.

• 1 month later...