Named ACH - 4th Infantry Division

Nkomo

I went down to my local surplus shop this afternoon and found this small grouping. It is named to a Corporal in the 2nd BN, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th BCT, 4th Infantry Division.

During their time in Afghanistan, the 2nd Battalion was based in the Pech River Valley, Kunar Province, home to the Korengal, Waygal, Shuriak, and Wata Pour Valleys. During its time in the Pech Valley, the 2nd Battalion saw heavy fighting throughout their Area of Responsibility at the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains

I am not a huge pack collector as I find them hard to store and harder to display. That being said, the information on the backpack ties directly to the helmet. Hope you enjoy.

001.JPG

Not a problem, bellasilva. The helmet pads have obviously been replaced, as the cover is heavily used and the helmet suspension is covered in grease/sweat/grime.

In case anyone is wondering, on the left hand upper edge, that is a painted Marine LWH.

004.JPG

Not a problem, bellasilva. The helmet pads have obviously been replaced, as the cover is heavily used and the helmet suspension is covered in grease/sweat/grime.

In case anyone is wondering, on the left hand upper edge, that is a painted Marine LWH.

What was kind of crazy was they actually made us clean our pads off at times. Sometimes we ran them through a washer others we did it by hand. It was kind of silly but oh well.

During their time in Afghanistan, the 2nd Battalion was based in the Pech River Valley, Kunar Province, home to the Korengal, Waygal, Shuriak, and Wata Pour Valleys. During its time in the Pech Valley, the 2nd Battalion saw heavy fighting throughout their Area of Responsibility at the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains.

Probably the most dangerous location not to mention AO on the face of the Earth. Well done Arch, we know you will preserve that history well ......