Small Airborne group

marr708

I was in Los Angeles last week and stopped at a high school parking lot swap meet. There was an

interesting fellow selling various items out of a dirty old van. I asked him if he had any military items.

He produced a large zip lock bag which contained the paratrooper's garrison cap w/ badge, a large

photo and a small photo. In halting english, the man said he had come across this Airborne grouping

and this was the last of it. At one point, he said he had the jump jacket, pants and boots. Unfortunately,

they had all been sold piecemeal. Bummer. There was no paper work to identify the trooper.post-12170-0-03837000-1361223473.jpgpost-12170-0-87548100-1361223536.jpgpost-12170-0-48076200-1361223563.jpg

I guess you can tell that the large portrait photo has been printed in reverse. Based on the uniform and insignia I wonder if this trooper was a member of the 14th Ranger Infantry Company (Abn) during the Korean War?

Thank you for the information gentlemen. Tonomachi was correct. The soldier is from the14th Ranger Infantry Company.

When I looked inside his cap, there was a small handstitched "14" in red thread on the sweatband.

I am always amazed at the knowledge of our forum members!