Vietnam SOG Knives

Spy vs Spy

My first. Popped up in western Illinois.

Brian

This reminds me of a copy.I recall a guy named Irv who was out of western Illinois and dealt with Dave K and was also at the Desmoines gunshows years ago.He had several of the copies...even engraved.

The blade and handle look like the copies.Most of the copies lack the grip spacers well.

• 4 months later...

post-15133-0-21327800-1545867444_thumb.jpg

I am new to this forum, at least as far as posting goes. I have been watching it for years. This is my first effort to post a photo of the SOG knives that I have. Some of these are sold, but others added. I had 45 at one time, including 4, 7 inch recons. I cannot add these to the post, as the uploader says the file is too big. I hope you all enjoy looking

Brian Dentino

Wow dvs, that is the most SOG knives I've seen in one picture....ever! Nice collection for sure and would love to see some close ups of some of those beauties.

Hello I am trying to upload more pictures, but the files are too large. Give me a hint and i'll fill up this thread with SOG knives. Recons, 5000, black spacer fat guards, white spacer fat guards, all the presentation types, and even the Gilmore presentation knives on John Gibson's military collection site.

Try this Sir:

http://ben-major.com/tools/usmf-resize.php

Will PM with details.

Hello I am trying to upload more pictures, but the files are too large. Give me a hint and i'll fill up this thread with SOG knives. Recons, 5000, black spacer fat guards, white spacer fat guards, all the presentation types, and even the Gilmore presentation knives on John Gibson's military collection site.

Wow dvs, that is the most SOG knives I've seen in one picture....ever! Nice collection for sure and would love to see some close ups of some of those beauties.

Hello Brian As time allows, I will begin to post more close up photos of everything I have. Thanks for looking dis

DVS, very nice collection of SOG you got there. We share the same passion I see.

I like the 5000series you got there, those are rare. I too got 2 of them left, sold 1 a few years ago. At one time I hade 29 SOGs. Think I got 20 left today.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection. Absolutely top notch dvs.

Best

Martin

DVS, very nice collection of SOG you got there. We share the same passion I see.

I like the 5000series you got there, those are rare. I too got 2 of them left, sold 1 a few years ago. At one time I hade 29 SOGs. Think I got 20 left today.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection. Absolutely top notch dvs.

Best

Martin

Hello Martin and THANKS!! I had 45 at my hight point, and began to thin them out based on condition. I did sell several that I wished I had back....especially one 7 inch recon. I let it go 3 years ago, and haven't seen one for sale since.

I think I have 26 left, and just couldn't bear to sell any more.

Tarbridge wrote that he had 70 at one time...I was hoping he might consider adopting me!!! I'll post my fat guards today.

thanks again

david

David, those early Fat Guards with black spacers are also quite rare. I only found one in my years of collecting CISO / SOG knives. Sold it e few years ago, and still regret it.

I’m very much enjoying your museum quality collection. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best

Martin

Owen, sure thing. Will take some time though, I’m currently on a drilling rig on the UK sector. Happy days when your spending Christmas and New Years Offshore, and on top of that you have no return ticket. So could take some time Owen.

dvs, You got some nice low numbers on the PLUM ones.

What numbers do you have on the 5000series? Can only read one of them 5125.

Thanks again bud for sharing. Not much else to do here after your 12-16 hours shift.

Martin

Owen, sure thing. Will take some time though, I’m currently on a drilling rig on the UK sector. Happy days when your spending Christmas and New Years Offshore, and on top of that you have no return ticket. So could take some time Owen.

dvs, You got some nice low numbers on the PLUM ones.

What numbers do you have on the 5000series? Can only read one of them 5125.

Thanks again bud for sharing. Not much else to do here after your 12-16 hours shift.

Martin

Hello Martin

How's the holiday pay on a drilling rig?? The other number is 5393. I am hot on the trail on a 7 inch recon. It has been eluding me for several years, I might be catching up to it.

I have a handful of presentation knives, should I put some pictures of these up?

thanks for looking

david

Hello Martin Here are some 5th Special Forces Iron Guard Presentation Knives, along with a couple sterile Iron Guards. I am enjoying getting all these out and looking at them again. I think I want to get more!! dvs

post-15133-0-55852300-1546574911_thumb.jpg

post-15133-0-01429300-1546574925_thumb.jpg

post-15133-0-04695900-1546574939_thumb.jpg

post-15133-0-66432900-1546574956_thumb.jpg

post-15133-0-12709900-1546575079_thumb.jpg