Vietnam SOG Knives

Spy vs Spy

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Frank Trzaska

Mike Silvey just published a new book on these knives. SOG KNIFE COLLECTOR is a paperback, 43 pages, 8.5"x11" format filled with the high quality full color photos we have come to expect from MIke. The best part is it is only $20.00. Nice book.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

Spy vs Spy

Will have to wait until I get off the Platform, BP installations block these pages so I can't open it.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Regards

Martin

I was going to show off my low numbered version 2 . But every time I try the page locks up you guys problay have seen it on other forums anyways.

Travis,

Many of us here would like to see your knife posted here. Yes I'm one who has already viewed the images of said knife. But this forum is dedicated to trying to preserve over the long haul the information presented here. I'm not so sure that can always be said for many of the other places on the net.

Hopefully someone here can help you out with whatever problem is preventing you from posting.

Travis,

Many of us here would like to see your knife posted here. Yes I'm one who has already viewed the images of said knife. But this forum is dedicated to trying to preserve over the long haul the information presented here. I'm not so sure that can always be said for many of the other places on the net.

Hopefully someone here can help you out with whatever problem is preventing you from posting.

I agree about the other places. And my picture files are to big I will retake some shots of it. Ty

Spy vs Spy

Travis,

I have not seen your low numbered SOG, please post a photo when you got the time.

Regards

Martin

There's one on eBay that just came up for sale. It appears to be heavily sanded or cleaned the blue/black finish is nearly gone. The edge is above the ricasso and the numbers don't look right or are sanded down. I seen a knife in here a commemorative that mentioned the 8 and this knife is 841 they are not the same . The sheath looks right. On the picture that shows the numbers the brass guard shows another type of metal aluminum or steel showing thru maybe? Are these brass guards plated? This knife definitely looks altered or cleaned probably heavily rusted at one time. It also states the length at 5"3/4 but doesn't say its original size .It states its an overall good example that's been there and has been used a little with a 1500 starting price. I personally think its maybe original but reshaped after it seen service. The line thru the middle of the blade is upswept and is reshaped. I was just wondering what you guys think I am not a expert but I am not blind either(: Is he just trying to make money by saying its condition is from the soldier/war or is it possible he has tried to alter it appearance to look that way because of heavy rust or a broken tip or both? Travis

Spy vs Spy

Travis,

I believe the one on Ebay may have been re-tiped. As far as the numbers I have no problem with them.

BTW, thanks for sharing your SOG with us :)

Regards

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

My SOG is going to erBay in a few days. I hate to let it go but after talking to my family we all think its for the best.

Mike Silvey just published a new book on these knives. SOG KNIFE COLLECTOR is a paperback, 43 pages, 8.5"x11" format filled with the high quality full color photos we have come to expect from MIke. The best part is it is only $20.00. Nice book.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

The postman just dropped off my order today.

If your wondering if this is something you might want for your library, I'd get my order in before these are all sold out. JMHO.

Hopefully they'll do more printings for those who procrastinate.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...