Guam KIA Donald Strode

501stGeronimo

Does anyone have information? Yeah.....he was just a kid. Too damn young. Sorry I can't help other than that. When I saw the monument and his age. Of course most of them were about that age. They always are. But they keep coming. God Bless Em!

501st,

All I can determine looking on the web is that PFC Strode served as an infantryman with the 77th Infantry Division during the Battle of Guam in July and August of 1944 and that he was from Missouri as you already know. Below are links to the Army Campaign review of the 77th ID and Link to the National Archives for WWII Casualties which provides his service number. With the service number and you being so close to St Louis you should be able to go to the St Louis Records Center and review and copies his files if they were not completely destroyed in the infamous fire of 73. If they were damaged you will have to get one of the archivists to copy the files which can take a while and or be cost prohibitive. Another approach is research the 77th Infantry Division and its infantry regiments 305th IR, 306th IR & 307th IR and see what is on line. Many of the units books published after WW2 are on line. You may want to join some of the units on line organizations and query veterans of WW2 if they knew PFC Storde.

http://www.history.a...uam77div-fm.htm

http://www.history.a...uam77div-fm.htm

By the way what did you acquire of PFC Strodes?

Regards,

John

post-5224-0-16094400-1361121420.jpg

Does anyone have information? Yeah.....he was just a kid. Too damn young. Sorry I can't help other than that. When I saw the monument and his age. Of course most of them were about that age. They always are. But they keep coming. God Bless Em!

Ronnie,

Yes you are right that he was just a kid and too damn young but he and other have always been the ones who go out and hunt down the bad guys and put a bullet between their running light. They are young, dumb, full of cum and believe that they will live forever, they fight for each other, bleed for each other, cry for each other and too often die for each other and our way of life. Never forget them and get down on you knees each day and Thank The Good Lord that our nation still produces such dedicated young men and now young women who volunteer to be the tip of of the spear of our nations defense.

God Bless Them All

Strength and Honor

De Oppresso Liber

John

The 77th Division History "Ours To Hold High" does not list him... that seems strange as I think their roster is pretty good, I've found quite a few 77th KIA guys on it in the past. Sorry I'm not more help. Requesting his IDPF (Individual Deceased Personnel File) would probably answer most of your questions. I haven't done it in awhile, but I'm sure someone on here could provide the appropriate address and request form.

If you don't already know St Louis public library has microfilm for the newspaper which has his obiturary and a photo of him on 5/22/45 and on 5/25/45.Contact them and they will make a copy for you. He is buried at Jefferson Barracks.

Ronnie,

Yes you are right that he was just a kid and too damn young but he and other have always been the ones who go out and hunt down the bad guys and put a bullet between their running light. They are young, dumb, full of cum and believe that they will live forever, they fight for each other, bleed for each other, cry for each other and too often die for each other and our way of life. Never forget them and get down on you knees each day and Thank The Good Lord that our nation still produces such dedicated young men and now young women who volunteer to be the tip of of the spear of our nations defense.

God Bless Them All

Strength and Honor

De Oppresso Liber

John

I'm with you 100% John.

Ronnie