National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum

Longhorn92

I was in Boca Raton for a business conference (my wife's actually) and we decided to drive the 90 minutes to see the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce, FL.

The museum is modern, clean, well organized and has excellent historical information on the evolution of what are today's SEAL's.

The docents and staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.

The small life boat from the Alabama Maersk incident is on display, along with several other vehicles.

Each histrorical period has a dedicated area and some great gear is on display, including uniforms, weapons, gear and items tied to actual events and personnel.

There are two outstanding memorials outside the museum.

My only criticism would be that it is small and you can get through the museum fairly quickly. It would be great if they can eventually expand and display at least double the items that they currently have.

Overall, it is a great place to visit and I would recommend dropping by if you are within 90 minutes or so of Fort Pierce.

The address is 3300 North Hwy A1A, Fort Pierce, FL 34949 and the $8 entry fee is well worth it.

Their phone number is (772) 595-5845. They are closed on Mondays and stay open only until 4PM.

I will attach a few pics, which I shot with my iPhone (unfortunately).

http://www.navysealm...m.com/index.php

post-15696-0-46144500-1361067993.jpg

It's a great museum....I was there almost 2 years ago and then used the information I gathered to gauge a Vietnam combat salvage diver grouping I was offered. Great info can be found there!!

It's been years since I've been there but I agree that it's small. I think the VN display could have been done better but like I said it's been years since I've been there so it might have changed. I had access to the archive once and gathered some cool info.

• 3 years later...

I was recently in Tampa for work and we took a trip to the NAVY-UDT SEAL Museum so i thought I'd add some more pics as i believe some extra displays on the GWOT have been added.

post-117117-0-16734000-1464504251.jpg