Interesting find today....

hawkdriver

Not every day you find Irving Berlin tied to the military. Today, I was paying bills and on the way home, I thought I should stop by a antique store, but brain said to go on home as I had just been there two weeks ago and usually it is a dry hole. It took stopping at the corner and debating and finally decided to do it. Not two steps in the door and I found this:

35b8s9v.jpg

s1u447.jpg

1r6a03.jpg

Sitting right next to it was this:

30x8pza.jpg

Unfortunately, someone used this book to teach their kid how to write numbers, most of the pages have hand written page numbers next to the printed ones. There is also some crayon marks as well, but still a great book.

Walked out of the store spending $51 and got a bunch of other things. So much for thinking a store is dry and not worth the time. Believe that voice in your head when it says to stop at a antique store, it is usually right.

Hey, congrats. They had another in the shelf, but I didn't want to be a glutton and clean the entire box out. I'll give it a week and then go back. If it's still there, I will pick the other one up.

Leatherwringer

Hey, congrats. They had another in the shelf, but I didn't want to be a glutton and clean the entire box out. I'll give it a week and then go back. If it's still there, I will pick the other one up.

nice...it is a great book.. gotta love Willie and Joe!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a military issue, soft-cover, pocket version of that Mauldin book. Hawk'...are you going to learn the "Bonds" song and then make a video of yourself singing it to upload on YouTube? If so, don't forget to post the link right here on the forum! (Remember Gary "US" Bonds? That could be you Hawk'!) :D

• 9 months later...

There was a war-dated copy of Up Front in a hotel lobby that we stayed at. The manager gave it to my son since he was learning cartooning. Very nice of him. I made sure to keep it even after my son was no longer interested in it. It's a great read...