Large Archival Wardrobe Boxes?

strawberry 9

Does anyone have a good website or supplier for large archival wardrobe boxes? I can only find the smaller ones. For that matter, does anyone know where to buy regular large wardrobe boxes? Thanks in advance

HOW large are you wanting? And, are you talking about flat or hanging vertical storage?

Keeping it simpler than it really is, there are two basic types of archival boxes = Solander and Hollinger. Both can be made to order in almost any size, and come in quite a large variety of ready-made sizes. Custom built is not cheap.

Solander tends to be a lot less expensive (though just as archival) and Hollinger is the more sturdy, hence more costly.

Link see:

http://www.conservationresources.com.au/html/home/products/product.php?pid=164

• 2 weeks later...

That ^ is certainly true, on both counts.

The upside is that those boxes will last practically indefinitely. I've gone back to my museums of decades past, only to see the very ones I personally stored artifacts in with those same objects in them, looking like they were bought yesterday.

There is nothing in the world comparable.

I've helped out a friend who is a curator at a museum in the past and the boxes are great. In the long run I think it is money well spent.