Some of my models

elvis3006

Every model is outstanding, trully outstanding, but can we see more of the razorback please?

Sure i will get more up ASAP ! Thank you for the compliments.

Very nice work on the Sherman!

So, when you do the pitted rust effect, are you putting down an undercoat, sprinkling sand, then painting over it? I saw that technique in an online article- it REALLY looks authentic.

Hi dakotanorth, you are correct. I will use sand or salt and paint over it. Thank you.

Outstanding models.Never tire of looking at these and the talent that it takes to build them is worls class.Thanks for posting.

TasmanianDevil

Outstanding, Elvis, my Son and I have some work to do, ours look very ordinary now, haha. It's all about the time we spend together doing it for us though. Again, these are brilliant! Kane

your work is just awesome!

back in the days i also used to do some modelling but by far never brought it to a perfection like your stuff

bunkerhillburning

Thank you for the compliments, very few people see my stuff besides my wife and family lol.

Have you ever searched the yahoo site Flickr for photos of models? I just did so myself using the terms ' WWII Models ' and a few variations. I had a ton of hits from Flickr users who posted their own works and work from various shows.

Some of the users are very talented ( as you are ) and I bet they and many other folks would love to see your work. Flickr is a great photo site and the amount of free space they offer is tremendous. I hope you take a look into adding your photos to the site - well worth it. I've met many people from museums, WWI and WWII groups who are now in my contact list. By doing this I see all their new uploads and they see mine as well. Like minded people sharing images of history - its a fantastic site.

I don't know if you have ever used the site but if not, and you have any questions I'll do my best to help.

Ans by the way - the weathering on your models is so amazing. You have a great deal of talent.

Here is a link from the site with just my using the search term ' WWII Models '. https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=WWII%20models

In the corner of each photo you'll see a title for the model and under that the users name. You can click on the users name to see his galleries or ' groups '. Brother, you'd make a few friends for sure and its shame not many folks have seen your work as you said.

Fellas I am very flattered by all the compliments. I know it seems that I am showing off, and to an extent I guess that is true, but i have never shared my work with anyone outside of family, and i love the fact you guys appreciate my stuff. Thank you once again and @ bunkerhillburning i will check out the link thanks.

Well, in my eyes it is not really showing off (but you have every right to do that ..... I wish I was that good in my modelmaker days!).

Keep posting, I truly like seeing the skills of others.

Erwin

27thdivcollector

There is nothing left to say, the razorback photo's are just superb, if I could do work like yours I would carpet bomb every site I could find with photo's of my talent. You really have a God given talent. Don't suppose you've get a B-24 lurking about anywhere have you?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone I just wanted to say that I may be selling some of my models. Before I post on the for sale column I just want to see if anyone would be interested ? Thank you. Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here are a few more, Israeli Sherman and M151 Mutt and US ETO M4 Sherman on a bridge that in reality would probably not support it. Thanks again for all the compliments.00214.jpg00518.jpg00912.jpg01012.jpg01111.jpg

Proud Kraut

These are some great models, I really admire the overall appearance of your Isherman! The different shades of the tank's color, the most realistic use of dust and the superb chipping of the color, WOW!

Could you please tell me, how you achieve the absolute matt color of the tank's surface?

Thanks

Lars

Hi Lars thank you. Too achieve the matt finish I use firstly flat paint. Then I mist spray a flat buff color with the airbrush over areas very lightly, after which I then apply the dust pigments. Hope this answers your question ?

Proud Kraut

Hi Lars thank you. Too achieve the matt finish I use firstly flat paint. Then I mist spray a flat buff color with the airbrush over areas very lightly, after which I then apply the dust pigments. Hope this answers your question ?

Thanks, I use matt acrylics as well. Although my models seem to look "semi-gloss", even after finishing with matt clear varnish. Will test the flat buff color method as well.

Lars

• 4 months later...

There is nothing left to say, the razorback photo's are just superb, if I could do work like yours I would carpet bomb every site I could find with photo's of my talent. You really have a God given talent. Don't suppose you've get a B-24 lurking about anywhere have you?

Sorry for taking over a year to reply to your question, no I no longer have a B-24. I had a 1/48 scale Revell/Monogram once but I gave it away. Thank you for the kind words. Regards, Rob.

Beautiful work, but that lead picture is the one that really grabs me! Love the track marks in the snow...I had to do a double-take it looks so incredibly real!

• 3 months later...

Man...those models bring back my youth...a box of kitchen matches. ..a can of lighter fluid. ..my .22 cal.rifle...I would have a War filled afternoon. ..just joking... these are works of art...Superb work...but when I was about 12...they would not have lasted.