4th Div. D-Day vet bringbacks

Fixbayonets!

These are the bringbacks of a 4th Infantry Div., 8th Infantry Regt. vet. He was in the first wave on Utah Beach, D-Day. It is possible he captured some of these items during the Normandy campaign.

Rob

German flag, Luftwaffe belt buckle, Kriegsmarine coastal artillery shoulder board & remnants of a Hitler Youth armband.

post-168-0-53939300-1360951040.jpg

SS sleeve eagles (both are still sewn to uniform wool), SS-VT cap button, Luftwaffe visor cap & cloth cap eagles, Police cap eagle, Black wound badge, Army breast eagle, Army trapezoid form M-43 cap & a Polish forced labor insignia.

post-168-0-70638700-1360951582.jpg

Here are a few more things he brought home - an SS Feldpost, WWI photo postcard, German soldier mourning card, and a small polish flag? (not really sure what it is, someone wrote "polacy" in pencil, translates to "Poles". I guess this is somehow related to the Polish forced labor insignia posted above).

post-168-0-50085000-1360957167.jpg

Excellent grouping and bringbacks from a D-day veteran.

Did you buy it from the veteran (or his family)?

Thanks! I bought his grouping and his bringbacks from his son, the veteran had passed away.

Rob

Great grouping! Were you able to get his uniform too? Also great shot of him with the MP-44 I have a grouping where the guy is holding one also!

I did get his uniform but the vet had removed all of the patches & insignia from it to put in a shadow box. The good news is I got the shadow box so I have all of the insignia, here is a quick photo.................

post-168-0-81529700-1360967911.jpg

That is a great grouping direct from the Vets family.The picture in #3 hows a nice array of weapons.German P-44, M-1 Carbine, M-1 Garande and 1911A1.